The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

NIB-NOS GE 5 Star 5670 tubes. White lettering.

After some tube rolling with my DAC, this tube came out the winner. I'm loading up. 406fb4af7a352f5e717ec3f1d1a90e09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think I would be doing the 396s a disservice by cutting the superb lows out that they reproduce. 

That's the same thing I always say about my KLF-30's. I just play the subs down below where they roll off.....it's an excellent compliment down there, even when I power them with some serious Crown Macrotech or K2 power.

You have a crown macro?   You don't need that. I heard they are garbage.... What do you want for it?  🤔

I have two K2's and just sold my 3600vz. I'm thinking about letting go one of my K2's if you're interested.

19 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm loading up. 

You junkie, you. 

Hey WCD's, just an FYI......When you highlight a section of a post, a "quote selection" button should pop up. I find it easier and no white background from copy and paste. Maybe it won't do that on your device tho, I don't know.

I am ALWAYS on my phone posting here.   NEVER does that for me sorry.   My computer is solely my media system nowadays and nothing else 

Just now, Westcoastdrums said:

I am ALWAYS on my phone posting here.   NEVER does that for me sorry.   My computer is solely my media system nowadays and nothing else 

Gotcha, no worries 😀

More 6U8 phase inverter tubes. Should last a while......

Actually, I'm preferring the E80CF's. Gonna wear out my tube sockets.....03cd0887e0a60fb46168ef0080a67ebd.jpg

• Like 1

Pulled the trigger on the Shindo Pre-Amp this afternoon after a two plus hour listening session at the dealers. 🍸🍸🍸

Now I've got to wait to try it with my Yamamoto A-08. 🎶🎶🎶

Shindo Pre Box.jpg

Shindo Pre Wrap.jpg

Shindo Pre Unboxed.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Breakdown7 said:

Beautiful preamp. I’ve always wanted to hear how a Shindo compares to my Joule Electra. Congrats and enjoy. 

Thanks, I'm almost looking forward to driving it 2000 miles home to hear it with my Belles.🚘

• Haha 1

A new TT arrived at my door today.  Hand delivered by the original owner.  I bought this to use in my main system (away from my 3 and 5 year olds), but I just can't get over how good it sounds in my family room on my Chorus II's through my Scott LK-72's phono stage.  I think I need to get a tube phono preamp for my main system. 🤔

Setup:

VPI HW-19 MkIII 

Sumiko FT-3

Clearaudio Maestro Wood

Restored Scott LK-72

Chorus II's w/ Ti diaphragms and re-capped XO's

32238233738_8b87226413_b.jpgVPI HW-19 MkIII and Scott LK-72 by Audio Database, on Flickr

46059556322_e4b7fa2a09_b.jpgVPI HW-19 MkIII and Scott LK-72 by Audio Database, on Flickr

• Like 6

8 hours ago, MATT0404 said:

A new TT arrived at my door today.  Hand delivered by the original owner.  I bought this to use in my main system (away from my 3 and 5 year olds), but I just can't get over how good it sounds in my family room on my Chorus II's through my Scott LK-72's phono stage.  I think I need to get a tube phono preamp for my main system. 🤔

Setup:

VPI HW-19 MkIII 

Sumiko FT-3

Clearaudio Maestro Wood

Restored Scott LK-72

Chorus II's w/ Ti diaphragms and re-capped XO's

32238233738_8b87226413_b.jpgVPI HW-19 MkIII and Scott LK-72 by Audio Database, on Flickr

46059556322_e4b7fa2a09_b.jpgVPI HW-19 MkIII and Scott LK-72 by Audio Database, on Flickr

Very clean set up Matt and the Maestro is a fine cartridge.