The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

21 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

mine are too

Same here although mine are the lowly 4 pots . New STi's have 6 pots .

• Like 1

four or six... they're all good.

11 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

I do too

In fact I have one of everything* shown in all 402 pages of this thread, except they're  the better, newer and more upgraded versions. This also goes for anything posted in the future.

*Disclaimer: The items that I have shown in this thread are not better, newer or more upgraded. What I have is equal to those in every respect.

Yea, but you get shrimp right off the boat....so you've got that goin' for you.....

NOS RCA 7189 power tubes. Forgot to snap a pic beforehand but here they are in the amp.146b6d11e2a4715f6bc07a35ea363d33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yea, but you get shrimp right off the boat....so you've got that goin' for you.....

Correct, and they are not better, newer, fresher or bigger than the ones I get...or got

"Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

"Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

and Bubba they're getting bigger and bigger right now. I mean to say I'm not getting bigger or better ones than I am getting, but they are getting bigger in general the later it gets in the season.....if that makes sense

Just now, wstrickland1 said:

and Bubba they're getting bigger and bigger right now. I mean to say I'm not getting bigger or better ones than I am getting, but they are getting bigger in general the later it gets in the season.....if that makes sense

Lucky you.  Ours are get smaller, coming from God knows where (or which farm) and getting more expensive.   

1 hour ago, Wolfbane said:

Arrived here today. For some reason I'm reluctant to try them:

Mozarts_Balls.jpg

I hear you are supposed to roll them around in your mouth before ingesting 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

I hear you are supposed to roll them around in your mouth before ingesting 

Must refrain from commenting...

Got these two weeks ago from an old friend that no longer partakes in adult beverages

IMG_4054.jpg

The '81 Chabot should have been consumed 20 years ago but nice clean bottle and I was only interested in the 90 Private Reserve . Got both for $50. ; was going to pay that for the PR alone so fingers crossed .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Got these two weeks ago from an old friend that no longer partakes in adult beverages

IMG_4054.jpg

The '81 Chabot should have been consumed 20 years ago but nice clean bottle and I was only interested in the 90 Private Reserve . Got both for $50. ; was going to pay that for the PR alone so fingers crossed .

We'll be right over...

edit:  I'll stop by Geechie Dock and pick up a few pounds of jumbos...

• Like 2

On 12/18/2018 at 11:12 PM, sunburnwilly said:

IMG_4054.jpg

Let us know how that 90 PR turned out.  If it's been well stored, you might get lucky....hope so.

Merry Christmas to me....

Stopped by a local gourmet grocer and saw this in the case.  I had no intention of buying it, but just wanted to tell the owner that I thought he had the wrong price on it.  He said "No, I got it in by mistake, they didn't charge me for it, and I just want to sell it"".  This Jamon normally goes for $30 to $50 per pound.  He sold it to me for $7.99/lb.  Bought the whole BONELESS leg.

Iberico Jamon (Medium).jpg

• Like 4

Great score for the Documentary... Sad Hill: Unearthed.

51pX0yzjciL.jpg

Any fan of European western film/music should own this piece.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, jimjimbo said:

Merry Christmas to me....

Stopped by a local gourmet grocer and saw this in the case.  I had no intention of buying it, but just wanted to tell the owner that I thought he had the wrong price on it.  He said "No, I got it in by mistake, they didn't charge me for it, and I just want to sell it"".  This Jamon normally goes for $30 to $50 per pound.  He sold it to me for $7.99/lb.  Bought the whole BONELESS leg.

Iberico Jamon (Medium).jpg

great deal just like prosciutto Di       Parma.... I tried some last year..

and enjoyed it...

Too dark to take a picture tonight, but I received a wool army blanket that was owned/used by my great grandfather in Europe during World War I. I don't believe in having shelf trophies, so I'll be using it regularly to honor his memory and service.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Too dark to take a picture tonight, but I received a wool army blanket that was owned/used by my great grandfather in Europe during World War I. I don't believe in having shelf trophies, so I'll be using it regularly to honor his memory and service.

Good stuff hope it comes with the obligatory foot locker . 

I have my dad's from Korea .

• Like 2