The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

Nice... domestique wuzzzer 

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, Ole Dollar said:

Received another speaker from Klipsch today, a 1502, that I needed to complete my Jubilees.

IMG_1939.JPG.cdb1a6005072aa83a3e34312949dab7a.JPGIMG_1940.JPG.651bfa9f6d36305b454890e8587730a8.JPG

I had already started to open it before I remembered to take some pictures. The shipper R&L Trucking was awesome and put it in my carport.

IMG_1942.JPG.e7a81b4fd2446a3c0d76a5e94791488c.JPG

After the packaging was removed and I walked around it and that smile formed which has not gone away yet.

IMG_1954.JPG.92cfe04579fb7550f8ec3b726693dd2f.JPG

The music room remains a mess but most of it is back together.

I have reconfigured the Xilica as per @Chief bonehead and am working on gain structure. My first impression is Wow there is music in that bottom octave and it is good. Some of the bass is very nuanced and some is punchy fast while being very clean and having correct tone. I'm using a Crown amp rated at 1500 watts at 4 Ohms bridged.

I agree with @dtel that the china cabinet needs to be watched as I have already been reprimanded by my wife. Works like that vibrating football game we had as kids. The first music played was Gotthard's Domino Effect CD. I want to thank @MetropolisLakeOutfitters for putting up with me asking for one of these every couple of weeks and then actually getting one for me. I recommend them highly.

I am really glad to see this, it really is a great design that sounds amazing. I am happy every time I hear it, it has detail and a tone better than any sub I have ever heard and no matter how hard you push it the sound never sounds strained or like it's being pushed. Being a horn it matches perfectly with Jubs, MWM's or any folded horn I would imagine, a perfect match.

Chief Bonehead really did a great job designing it, I don't rattle the house very often, which it will do for sure.  But it has a really nice sound when playing like we normally listen, at low or moderate volumes, great tone, like with a upright bass, every different sound is noticeable, very musical. IMO

Congratulations  That is one cool system you put together, be careful with movies, the bass can be scary and very deep. I have to admit I have seen a red light flicker on the bridged Crown 1002 before which is 1400 w @ 4ohms, movie bass is addicting. :blush:

• Like 4

Very nice Ole Dollar.....would love to hear it.  Bet you're all smiles!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Chief Bonehead really did a great job designing it, I don't rattle the house very often, which it will do for sure.  But it has a really nice sound when playing like we normally listen, at low or moderate volumes, great tone, like with a upright bass, every different sound is noticeable, very musical. IMO

I really agree, no booming mud but clean bass with every note well defined. Once the gain was close I was playing some Dream Theater and when a song started the bass startled me. I have made it to the proper levels now after beating my eardrums for a couple of hours for fun. Grand Funk Railroad sounds especially nice. Its a relearning thing due to the old direct radiator subs that I turned up too high trying to find the correct tone that was never there.

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Bet you're all smiles!

I still have my smile going and thankfully high WAF, she did help me bring it into the house. She’s a keeper.

• Like 3

Is that listed on the web site or is it a special order?

I assume a lttle less expensive than the 1802?

• Like 1

Special... but there were a couple left last time I checked

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marvel said:

Is that listed on the web site or is it a special order?

I am not sure how many were made. If you are interested contact Cory at @MetropolisLakeOutfitters as he was the one I got mine from and I do recommend him - no affiliation. except as a customer and I met him at several Klipsch Pilgrimages.

I have had two days with it now and will say it is amazing. I was having bass issues with my Jubilees and this more than cured it. My wife commented on how much of the lower octave was missing when we muted the 1502 - clearly hearing the lower notes of a stand-up bass with the proper tone and the kick drum now kicks. The 1502's affect is clean notes at low volumes and jaw dropping power when given 1000+ watts to work with. Sort of a "Tim the Tool Man" approach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ole Dollar said:

The 1502's affect is clean notes at low volumes and jaw dropping power when given 1000+ watts to work with. Sort of a "Tim the Tool Man" approach.

Are you using the "Binford 8200" power amp? 😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ole Dollar said:

Sort of a "Tim the Tool Man" approach.

Your going to be finding new rattles around the house. Bass is addicting, especially when it's clean and effortless, almost wish I had another 500-1000wpc. :emotion-14: But I would probably hurt myself. 

• Like 1

Lucchese Nathan N1160.74.jpg

• Like 1

Another set of MAHL K-79/B&C DE10 tweeters from forum member Dave A.2cf3016cdf641a4f6f16d1e12f722f87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Got Cory'd again today. Finally got my Parasound P6 preamp to go with my Parasound A23 amplifier. This preamp had been backordered for months. Thanks Cory! @MetropolisLakeOutfitters2fe0134fa6518839c3bedd336b974310.jpg

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Got Cory'd again today. Finally got my Parasound P6 preamp to go with my Parasound A23 amplifier. This preamp had been backordered for months. Thanks Cory! @MetropolisLakeOutfitters2fe0134fa6518839c3bedd336b974310.jpg

Congrats.   I have the exact same combo. You are in for a treat.   What speakers will they be paired with? 

Just now, Westcoastdrums said:

Congrats.   I have the exact same combo. You are in for a treat.   What speakers will they be paired with? 

They are going with my khorns

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

They are going with my khorns

Bet that will sound terrific.  Shoot me a PM some time after you have spent aoem tiem with the rig and let me know what you think. I love the P6.  True Swiss army knife with excellent sounding DAC. 

Got it hooked up. I'm running pangea balanced interconnects between the preamp and amp. Listening to tidal via the bluesound node streaming device.

2f30c02b4afa44a88f65fb1069cc0b49.jpgf9600477e14f461435cffa5c23e2c9eb.jpg

• Like 4

Trying to stay up with @A1UC I received two of these today

Bose PU.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stumbled upon an older Denon receiver (model is 3805 I think?). Made in Japan. 

No remote but who cares? It was a good deal and it puts out some power. 

D04FE1B6-A1A9-4DCB-A7C8-A16F8D9B2DA7.jpeg

• Like 1

Trying to stay up with [mention=49590]A1UC[/mention] I received two of these today

1395334512_BosePU.thumb.jpg.cc54dceb9855931e576c6486f39c6dd0.jpg

BOSE ! I can’t hang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1