What I Got Today!

Brac

On 1/19/2019 at 4:21 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Interested in a more beastly driver for the enclosure if it makes sense.   If it does not, so be it.   I figure it wouldn't cost much if it made sense to do so.   

Most Klipsch Heritage speakers, and some in the Pro Theater line, are designed around and voiced for the driver(s) they come with.  Several forum members have found that installing more expensive drivers often makes them sound worse, not better.  Paul Klipsch was very cognizant of both ends of speaker manufacturing:  great sound, and affordable construction costs.  He chose drivers that sounded good, sounded consistent, and were easy to obtain in bulk quantities.  They may not have been the best on the market at any given time, but in coordination with the cabinet and horn design, they produced the sound that he was after.  For another example of his efficient and economical thinking, the Heresys, La Scalas, and Klipschorns, were partly designed to have the minimum amount of waste material after the panels were cut from a 4’x8’ sheet of plywood.

The only popular woofer upgrade that I’m aware of on this forum is the cast frame woofers from Bob Crites.  I’m sure some other members will have opinions and advice for you, so see what shows up, and in the meantime, enjoy your fine gear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

MHAL I mean whatever that acronym is for the new wooden horns.  I like.... 

Still MAHL but followed by Machined Walnut or Red Oak. You can say MAHL but not MWHL or MROHL so it is what it is. Probebly will change it to MHL before I get a web site going since MAHL is pretty specific.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2019 at 9:41 PM, Rivernuggets said:

Very cool you furnished your son with good gear while at school. 

I have to make a correction... In fact I've lost track... I got two of the H/K models and my older son purchased one. So there were two 430s and a 630 here. The 630 was passed on to a friend in Atlanta whose receiver blew up ina power surve and one of the 430s went to my younger son. Not sure which one went to him, but the one I kept here certainly has needed work for a long time. Whatever the case, just trying to pay it fprward again. The 430 here will now get worked on and passed on.

Again, thanks to Neil... 👍

10 hours ago, Dave A said:

Still MAHL but followed by Machined Walnut or Red Oak. You can say MAHL but not MWHL or MROHL so it is what it is. Probebly will change it to MHL before I get a web site going since MAHL is pretty specific.

Yes, do like Klipsch does with its finishes.  MHLA, MHLW, MHLO etc.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:32 PM, K5SS said:

Added to my library. I know physical media is almost dead but I still prefer watching/listening my favorites on a disc. Local pawn shops had all these for $10/ea. and even threw in 2 free movies, since I bought so many. Not bad at all!

cf07c11caa81031070d46a9cbc039923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice assortment!

• Like 2