What I Got Today!

Brac

I want to thank all of you that have expressed your prayers, sympathy and kind words regarding my condition. I by no means came here looking for sympathy, although I appreciate the support given. What I hope to convey in a small way is for each of you take better care of yourselves and possibly extend your own life by shedding bad habits. It doesn't take a life change just cutting back on habits that are bad for you. The worst part is leaving my wife alone. A few here can relate. I learned a valuable lesson from my Dad when I was 16 and have been fiercely independent my entire life, made my own way and never asked anyone for anything (well except for a few young ladies when I was younger). It's a pi$$er to work your entire life and have this crap take what you have worked for your entire life. Cancer Treatment Centers and Oncologist offices are full of people suffering this fate. Don't be one of them. Do whatever is necessary to ensure that you are there for your wife and kids when they need you most. Thanks again everyone.

Keith

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

LSIs on my back patio.

Sweet! Do you bring them in during crazy weather, or are they protected?

28 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I have Daves walnut tweeter lenses with B&C drivers going in them as well.

I saw those a few pages back. Please report back on the sound after a few sessions.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rivernuggets said:

Where are those networks going Carl?

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

LSIs on my back patio.  I have Daves walnut tweeter lenses with B&C drivers going in them as well.

Just for fun maby put the crossovers in and try it, add the tweeter after to see what changes the crossover will make. If it's half the improvement I heard with really bad ones to start, your going to be happy 

• Like 2

I saw those a few pages back. Please report back on the sound after a few sessions.

The patio is covered.  This will be my 4th set of speakers out there and I've never had a problem with the elements affecting them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, dtel said:

Just for fun maby put the crossovers in and try it, add the tweeter after to see what changes the crossover will make. If it's half the improvement I heard with really bad ones to start, your going to be happy 

The speakers as they currently sit are unlistenable.   Both of the tweeters are blown and the old AL crossovers are shot.  The top hats barely make any sound at all.  Anything will be better than they currently are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The speakers as they currently sit are unlistenable.   Both of the tweeters are blown and the old AL crossovers are shot.  The top hats barely make any sound at all.  Anything will be better than they currently are. 

Oh OK, that makes sense.

10 minutes ago, windashine said:

Sorry, my mind wondered... I was stuck looking at Eldens tent in another post...

It ain't the best looking subject but I couldn't put some the others. :huh:

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

LSIs on my back patio.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I have Daves walnut tweeter lenses with B&C drivers going in them as well.

His neighbors will also know. 

• Like 1

What I got yesterday!

Atlas Sound PD-5VH 40W Compression Driver

Selenium ADF25-25 Horn Adapter

Tried this set up on my Chorus ii.

Didn't work for me. The 2/3db difference was very noticeable when I changed out only 1 speaker & did a A/B test. I knew if it didn't work, I can install them in my 84 Cornwalls that have the original K55v.