What I Got Today!

Brac

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Keith, that is beautiful, love the color. Looks sleek and fast, can I drive it 😀

You could drive it better right now than I can. Haven't driven a stick in over 40 years. After killing it twice at a traffic light I finally figured out that the clutch locks up quickly. On the third try the rear moved sideways then blasted off. Later I punched it on a hill on the interstate and it went from 70 to 97 in a flash. This thing could be dangerous or just lots of fun. It's a 2018 $8549 off of MSRP (36).

Keith

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, T2K said:

You could drive it better right now than I can. Haven't driven a stick in over 40 years. After killing it twice at a traffic light I finally figured out that the clutch locks up quickly. On the third try the rear moved sideways then blasted off. Later I punched it on a hill on the interstate and it went from 70 to 97 in a flash. This thing could be dangerous or just lots of fun. It's a 2018 $8549 off of MSRP (36).

Keith

Is it a ZL1? Very nice sir

21 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

Is it a ZL1? Very nice sir

Nope. Around 72 sticker for a ZL1 1LE. This car is a 1SS 1LE. The 1LE option package is $7000. Track package. I figured I wouldn't be around long enough for the ZL1 investment, but who knows. This car is dangerous enough as it is. I told the salesman I'll be back to trade for a 2024.

Keith

• Like 1

Here is what I wanted, in a way. This 2019 (same MSRP) would have cost around $7000 more. The subdued gray color I liked but the red reminded me of the late '60s early '70s cars (Chuck knows what I'm talking about) which is what I wanted, less the traffic citations. But it looks bad a$$.  And my wife will have to deal with selling it, hopefully years and years from now. Look at the meat on these suckas.

Keith

2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE 1.jpg

2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE 4.jpg

2018 rear.jpg

And while we uh, I mean me, are talking cars I've been considering selling my 2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring for a couple of years. I loved the car but I don't have an attachment to cars. They stamp them out every day. I figured I've lost $7000-$8000 over the past 2 years in depreciation. Anyway, the car was like the day it was delivered to me, a garage queen. 12,500 miles. Loaded. The other night while watching TV I decided to sell the Buick. I gloobed the top online sites to sell a car. Graggy list was there, all places. I placed an ad at 9.30PM. The next morning I had 6 people that wanted to see the car that day. Less than 12 hours. The first guy, a local retired guy, brought cash and 2 blank bill-of-sales that stated 'No Warranty Expressed or Implied'. He came to buy the car, and for his wife he did. The next day he called to say his wife loved it. Since I've now got a 2" inch stack of $100s in $2000 bundles I thought as I'm going thru this experience I should kick the devil in the nuttolas and buy the car. My wife had been prodding me to just go buy the car. So I did. Buick below. Unbelievably comfortable car. The picture doesn't really do the White Diamond Tri-Coat paint justice.

IMG_0858.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Very handsome car  Keith.....have any of the fun stuff like hp and torque specs. 0-60 times?

I tried to find an article from a few weeks ago Chuck but couldn't find it. The article was a comparison of late '60s early '70s to today cars. All times were at or near half that for the new cars as compared to older. Like 8.8 seconds early cars versus 4.4 seconds 1/4 mile. 450 HP with 3.73 gearing is stout. I think the torque matches the HP.

Keith

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, T2K said:

Nope. Around 72 sticker for a ZL1 1LE. This car is a 1SS 1LE. The 1LE option package is $7000. Track package. I figured I wouldn't be around long enough for the ZL1 investment, but who knows. This car is dangerous enough as it is. I told the salesman I'll be back to trade for a 2024.

Keith

I get that for sure. I bought a 2SS RS Convertible in 2013, still have it. I only have 16k miles so far. It's an automatic so it had the crappy active fuel management feature. A couple of months ago I bought a product from Range that plugs in to the ob1 port and disables it. Freaking incredible.  I cant believe I waited 6 years. Night and day difference without AFM

17 hours ago, T2K said:

..... and it took all day long to buy it.

2018 camaro SS Nightfall Grey Metallic.jpg

2018 camaro 1SS 1LE G70 nightfall gray metallic.jpg

Sweet new ride man, congratulations! Reminds me of buddy's 2017 Camaro. I was helping him installing the new brake kit and moto metal wheels on his truck when someone called him. Then he said he'll just go out for a minute, when he returned back 30mins later, he's driving his new Camaro and we immediately take it for a good spin. We came back home at dawn.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:49 AM, A1UC said:
On 3/1/2019 at 6:46 AM, Schu said:
I love my Cardas Clears... clearly good.

I got the beyond IC and the beyond XL power cables . Can’t wait to compare to my current Antipodes Reference and Wywire Silver PC

If you do your comparison, please make a thread.  I'm in the camp that believes that everything makes a difference in sound, including cables/wire.

What I'm probably most interested in, is "where is the financial sweet spot?"  I get nothing out of people who advocate "don't buy expensive cables" without ever specifying what good sounding wires/cables cost, and what exactly is "expensive."

1 hour ago, mDash said:

Then he said he'll just go out for a minute, when he returned back 30mins later, he's driving his new Camaro and we immediately take it for a good spin. We came back home at dawn.

That's a good one. They're definitely fun to drive. I took a curvy road short cut coming home, about 9 miles. These cars are fun to drives in curves, just point and shoot. The Recaro seats hug dat a$$ and the steering is precise. The only problem is da right foot. :o 

Keith

7 hours ago, richieb said:

=== that’s a very nice looking car. Great color/wheel combination. Is 455hp correct? And a “man pedal”? Salute — . I opted for the same knowing the new paddle shift autos are lightning quick —

Nothing wrong with that. The automatics are quicker than manuals. The SS 1 LE  package is only available w/manual.

Keith

Not really "what I got" but what I've been working and building over the last week or so(in my "spare" time)...a power sequencer for my rack stack of amps and electronic crossover for the Jubilees. The blue lighted "Power Amp" switch will be in a remote location. I'll get some pix of it in the rack when I get it installed

P1010524.jpg

P1010523.jpg

P1010522.jpg

P1010521.jpg

P1010525.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, richieb said:

I opted for the same knowing the new paddle shift autos are lightning quick —

Not sure if you're saying you actually bought an automatic or not, but if you did look in to this:

https://rangetechnology.com/afm-disabler/

It gets rid of the AFM (and associated lag) without having to perform a warranty killing tune. Trust me it is the real deal and you have no idea how much you're getting robbed with the AFM. Also anyone with a GM Truck or SUV it works as well. My friend plugged it in to his 2015 GMS Sierra and ordered one immediately. 

42 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

Not sure if you're saying you actually bought an automatic or not, but if you did look in to this:

https://rangetechnology.com/afm-disabler/

It gets rid of the AFM (and associated lag) without having to perform a warranty killing tune. Trust me it is the real deal and you have no idea how much you're getting robbed with the AFM. Also anyone with a GM Truck or SUV it works as well. My friend plugged it in to his 2015 GMS Sierra and ordered one immediately. 

=== current car is manual, the Hellcat engine does not use cylinder deactivation. The 392 paddle shift auto I had prior did use the cylinder cutout but only with the transmission in in full auto. When switched to “manual” paddle shift the cylinder cutout was disabled. Around town I hated the cutout so only used it in the full auto mode on the hiway where I could gain a slight MPG advantage. 

The 168 mile round trip yesterday was all that I could stand yesterday so I finally got around to reading the literature today Chuck. So here it is...

6.2 LT1 V-8

Compression Ratio 11.5:1

455 HP @6000 rpm

455 lb.-ft @4400 rpm

373:1 axle ratio

0-60 4.3 seconds

12.5 seconds @ 115 mph

top speed 175 mph

stopping distance 60 to 0 mph 107 ft. 6-piston monobloc Brembo front 4-piston rear

3685 lbs

That's about it other than I can describe perfectly to you the grill on the new Mustangs. Well maybe not perfectly because they were way back looking thru my rear view.

Keith

• Haha 1