What I Got Today!

Brac

For a while now I’ve wanted to upgrade the front left & right Bookshelf Speakers in my Surround System (5.1.2) with somewhat larger speakers, but within the confines of the area where my system is located. So, after looking at my options, I ordered a pair of Klipsch RB-81 II’s in Cherry finish to replace my Klipsch RB-61’s and received them last week. I finally got them placed and hooked up yesterday and had my first listening session during last night’s Music & Merlot session. I’m very pleased with the sound the RB-81’s added to my system.

The day they arrived:

467425697_WIGT-IMG_1531.thumb.jpg.4fe77ffee3d28a3e6043c63ff7eaf152.jpg

During last nights Music & Merlot session:

889643676_RTM-IMG_1590.thumb.jpg.99fd234cffd8022dda0f40e890947761.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/13/2019 at 10:00 PM, jimjimbo said:

Up early tomorrow?

No, I slept in until about 9:30, I wake up without an alarm clock which is good unless I'm off that day. Are you going to HOPE? I'm out, this nice weather has me working in April 

On 4/16/2019 at 6:57 AM, A1UC said:

New Luxman Table & Phono Amp 89627e4699f00d28ad4045862a588bc1.jpg61c4b43974315a09f9072f591cbcc6e0.jpg

PD-171A
EQ500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, what are these going to run through?

Mark

On 4/12/2019 at 6:15 PM, rplace said:

Check out that cute "little" horn in the middle

rps20190412_211332.thumb.jpg.82897d3a3947f55d2efc5aec84242549.jpg

Whenever I see those kind of round horns, I think they'd sound best in a round room, and not the kind with a flat floor, no, just front and rear flat walls, with the rest round like a hamster wheel, or like the exercise module in 2001:  A Space Odyssey.  The rectangular Klipsch horns seem much more logical, since most rooms are rectangular in every axis.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pallpoul said:

MA6700 BNIB, deal price that I could not turn down. 

ma6700 side.jpg

ma6700 back.jpg

ma6700 face.jpg

Did you get the MA or the MAC? I have a MAC6700 with a TM2 Tuner, paired up with P37's and a VPI Prime Scout. Love it. It is a very fine piece of gear. Congrats.

Do let me know if you have trouble with the USB DAC. It worked for about a month and quit completely. Same exact deal on my C2500 (with the same DAC). Optical and Coaxial work flawlessly but USB is problematic. Audio Classics said to send it back whenever but I use them both so much AND love them so much there is no way I am A. parting with either for any length of time or B. SHIPPING either one of them. I'm fine without it. The way I see it the internal DAC will become outdated anyway but the rest of the machine will not. 

• Like 2

I got some more KLIPSCHHHHHH

IMG_6228.JPG

RP-160M going to be pulling front height duty for atmos/dts/auro3d content. 

I needed a replacement pair of bookshelves for this location when I discovered a bad driver in my old pair. I made a few calls, got a few leads for the RP-600M, but one look at Craigslist is all it took to get these guys.

Funny story goes with this purchase. So I call phone number on the CL ad and the guy says come get em'. I say, I am going to the baseball stadium tonight to watch a game, so can you meet me somewhere to make the trip reasonable for me. 150 miles between us. He says sure and we set up to meet in a parking lot, where I drive to and wait. So this guy shows up, and he ends up being the same dude I just sold my Klipsch Academy speaker to two weeks ago in another parking lot location. He is like WTF are you doing here. I am also shocked, because we emailed on the first go around and neither of our phones made the contact familiarity apparent. I made sure to lock in the contact info this time. Thanks again if you ever read this David.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

Do let me know if you have trouble with the USB DAC. It worked for about a month and quit completely. Same exact deal on my C2500 (with the same DAC). Optical and Coaxial work flawlessly but USB is problematic. Audio Classics said to send it back whenever but I use them both so much AND love them so much there is no way I am A. parting with either for any length of time or B. SHIPPING either one of them. I'm fine without it. The way I see it the internal DAC will become outdated anyway but the rest of the machine will not.

I will. I Know the DAC maybe outdated, and I am planning on trying to use a DAC/streamer connecting to the XLR inputs. A Cary Audio DMS 550 would be perfect I think. But I bought it mainly for it's the power, headroom, and  that McIntosh sound that I am after.

I contemplated getting the mac7200 initially, but when this one came up, it was a no brainer, as the internal DAC can be bypassed by newer and better if I may say. 

I do have the MA5300, and the USB in this baby is first class !  I never had a problem using it. I had to download the USB driver however from McIntosh first, but since then no issues at all, and the sound is amazing with my CWIII's.

I plan on using the MAC6700 with my K-horns.  

2 hours ago, pallpoul said:

I will. I Know the DAC maybe outdated, and I am planning on trying to use a DAC/streamer connecting to the XLR inputs. A Cary Audio DMS 550 would be perfect I think. But I bought it mainly for it's the power, headroom, and  that McIntosh sound that I am after.

I contemplated getting the mac7200 initially, but when this one came up, it was a no brainer, as the internal DAC can be bypassed by newer and better if I may say. 

Same here. I really could care less if the dac craps out altogether. I bought it for the beef. It is a fantastic unit for sure

I order this NAD C 658 Preamp, as it comes with decent DAC's and a BLUOS music streamer.

I like the Blue OS. It's easy to use and very functional. I already have the NAD M-12 and this one looks similar, with the built in BluOS, so no need for extra module like on the M-12. The C-658 lacks the screen, but oh well, I can hardly see the screen details anyway from my sitting position, and that's what the iPad BluOS app is for anyway !.

I think this should be a good companion for the recent McIntosh MAC6700.

nad c 658 back.jpg

nad c 658 front.jpg

• Like 3