The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

Actually, I’m a little late to the party and received this Denon ARV-X3500H a week ago. I have a Marantz SR5012 (2017 model) that I’ve been using for about a year and a half in our Living Room Home Theater System (5.1.2) and really like it, but I’ve always been curious about the Denon from the same model/feature/capabilities level, so I decided to try out the AVR-X3500H (2018 model) since it has some updated capabilities over the 2017 model. I’m still tinkering with the Denon’s settings, but I like it as much as the Marantz, but even to these old ears there are some subtle differences in the sound between the two (no negatives). I will keep both of them, but switch them occasionally.

72245195_WIGT-IMG_1669.thumb.jpg.07f168288d45b031d7513786d1810cc3.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Buck115 said:

Actually, I’m a little late to the party and received this Denon ARV-X3500H a week ago. I have a Marantz SR5012 (2017 model) that I’ve been using for about a year and a half in our Living Room Home Theater System (5.1.2) and really like it, but I’ve always been curious about the Denon from the same model/feature/capabilities level, so I decided to try out the AVR-X3500H (2018 model) since it has some updated capabilities over the 2017 model. I’m still tinkering with the Denon’s settings, but I like it as much as the Marantz, but even to these old ears there are some subtle differences in the sound between the two (no negatives). I will keep both of them, but switch them occasionally.

72245195_WIGT-IMG_1669.thumb.jpg.07f168288d45b031d7513786d1810cc3.jpg

I was surprised that the Denon instruction manual weighs almost as much as the unit itself. (My downloaded manual is 276 pages, 8.5" x 11" in a three ring binder and weighs 5.4 pounds.)

JJK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@A1UC that ML centre channel must be awesome, I have a Theatre I and love it. Let us know what you think of it.

4 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

@A1UC that ML centre channel must be awesome, I have a Theatre I and love it. Let us know what you think of it.

Agree! Klipsch needs to make a limited run, horizontally configured RF-7 III. Not that it would compete with that ML center A1UC just picked up but I am sure there are quite a few people out there that would benefit greatly, with such a speaker. 

Four KappaLite Neo 12 LF for bass bins underneath my K510s. 

5DBCFEA8-2E4E-4150-AE62-FF4EF27617FC.jpeg

B366319B-BCE7-4944-A54F-0C993C944B4D.jpeg

F51719FE-FAE7-4EF7-A46F-708E9C2FC547.jpeg

• Like 5

My wife surprised me with an early Father's Day present!

headphones

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

Reserved

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 1

New livestock on the farm. My wife's uncle wanted to give it a shot but needed the space. I've got the space and been wanting to learn, but on someone else's dime to start out.. so here we are.

DSCF5304.thumb.jpg.1f52bb385957679b02388ddd1d452387.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

You don't know the illegalization of cannabis story, eh? After being LEGAL for 5000+ years and never harming anyone? Used industrially for YEARS! 

John Kuthe...

Have a toke and a B) !

mmm honey! Cut the sugar in half and put some honey in the gallon of tea one day last week. I'ts nice every now and then.

• Like 2

Mikey... a bee keeper? AWESOME!

what flowers will the honey be?

1 minute ago, Schu said:

Mikey... a bee keeper? AWESOME!

what flowers will the honey be?

A hodgepodge I guess? The hive is directly below some persimmon trees, and then we also have Bradford pear trees, then wildflowers in the pasture. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Have a toke and a B) !

mmm honey! Cut the sugar in half and put some honey in the gallon of tea one day last week. I'ts nice every now and then.

Don't need no sugar near my tea...

2 hours ago, JohnKuthe said:

And the Ignorants in the U.S. BOUGHT THE LIES!!

The song remains the same.

• Sad 1

After being urged by my Brother and a good friend to try marijuana for pain relief and an escape from the chitty days, I asked my oncologist if he could prescribe some medical MJ. I told him I knew nothing about MJ, in fact never even seen any. I told him my friend, former cancer sufferer, had recommended it for pain relief. The Doctor asked me how much I needed so I told him I had no idea. I asked, you think 2 pounds would be a good start?

Keith 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Klipsch LaScala AL-5 ME. 🙂

So, YOU got 'em!!!!!!!!!!!

👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, T2K said:

After being urged by my Brother and a good friend to try marijuana for pain relief and an escape from the chitty days, I asked my oncologist if he could prescribe some medical MJ. I told him I knew nothing about MJ, in fact never even seen any. I told him my friend, former cancer sufferer, had recommended it for pain relief. The Doctor asked me how much I needed so I told him I had no idea. I asked, you think 2 pounds would be a good start?

Keith 

That would be a good start 😊 good luck.

11 hours ago, T2K said:

Keith 

I hope it works for you.  It will increase your appetite as well.  He should prescribe a bag of Lays also.

• Like 1