The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

28 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

Close... It's gotta Klipsch badge for a reason. 

My Jeep has a Mercedes diesel in it. 😛

I stand corrected thanks. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Emile said:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-15-ultimax-subwoofer-and-cabinet-bundle--300-7097 ... but I substituted another woofer ... sorry; can't recall which one.  Haha; you will have to veneer it yourself :D  Got a Dayton Audio SA1000 off eBay (for $200) to power it :D 

Cheers, Emile

That looks like a fun kit. I would like to get some experience in veneering (would love to do a cherry on my La scalals some day). Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Heritage_Head said:

would like to get some experience in veneering

Actually, was a lot easier than I thought :D  Just cut the veneer to match ... glue ... done :D  Think I did the sub with walnut veneer for much less than $100 :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Emile said:

Actually, was a lot easier than I thought :D  Just cut the veneer to match ... glue ... done :D  Think I did the sub with walnut veneer for much less than $100 :) 

As a kid I worked in two different wood shops. Staining and top-coating but never in veneer. A square box would be great experience 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

but I substituted another woofer ... sorry; can't recall which one. 

You got the RSS390 HO.  You might have gotten the HF, but I think it was the HO, same as I have.  (I have the Umax 15 and a Reference 15)

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-15-reference-series-ho-subwoofer-and-cabinet-bundle--300-7093

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2019 at 5:35 PM, Edgar said:

Here's a photo of what FedEx delivered to my front stoop yesterday. This will be a mono enclosure that I designed for the vintage Jensen H222 coax that my father left me.

First test-fit, after a lot of prep work that, unfortunately, will all be invisible. No glue, yet.

Trying to decide on how to finish it. If I go for piano black, then it will look like something from 2001 A Space Odyssey. Perhaps pearl white, but then it will look like a college dorm refrigerator. I've also never done either of those finishes before. I know how to apply veneer, but exotic woods are very expensive. I could do Formica, but that can look cheap. Any suggestions?

- Greg

Hpim1337.jpg

• Like 1

Only used it once so far but surprised at how much power it has. Time will tell how the battery holds up.2f2fbc6e9eb195190ebc296eb1050193.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OK; got some "listening chairs" for my stereo room :D 

https://photos.offerup.com/sD8vXiM8rIcHAlRG4xoD2GqwGJM=/600x1066/9ce7/9ce7de1c11de41e1b4c2d9ab3d5982a4.jpg

• Like 3

I got a THE MONKEES t-shirt (they had a real cool logo), a VOX Amplification t-shirt, some paisley bell bottom pants (yes, i still think it’s the 70s) and a six pack of Modelo Especial; and if i drink anymore of the Modelo, i may end up with a new Fender Telecaster ... i better go hide the credit card now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I didn't get anything today but my youngest daughter did!  I got this pic and the message "Daddy look what I got today" w/hearts.  All I can say is it wasn't one of mine cause she found it in Phoenix somewhere.  There could be hope for her yet and I'm runnin thru the beads!  She has a bad habit of wearing my tour t-shirts for dresses...  

31972.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

All I can say is it wasn't one of mine cause she found it in Phoenix somewhere. 

when i was a boy, my grandma would sit me on her knee and say, “BigStewMan, losing your shirt in towns you don’t remember ever being in is nothing to be ashamed of."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You kept the first pair this long? Im impressed! Thats a long time for you . Corns do sound nice. Pics please 

3c6c52098412ef26101f5a6ff2c9caa5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Emile said:

OK; got some "listening chairs" for my stereo room :D 

https://photos.offerup.com/sD8vXiM8rIcHAlRG4xoD2GqwGJM=/600x1066/9ce7/9ce7de1c11de41e1b4c2d9ab3d5982a4.jpg

Ikea ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Ikea ?

Yep :D 

• Like 2

A new kunekune gilt for Father's day. Hoping to add her into my breeding program in a year's time.

48076690487_08343b7db2_b.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

A new kunekune gilt for Father's day. Hoping to add her into my breeding program in a year's time.

48076690487_08343b7db2_b.jpg

making bacon

10 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

making bacon

Eventually! These are slow growers, so it'll be another couple years before I'm curing some meats.

• Like 1

Awwww.....it's Babe with a mustache.......you heathen......

• Like 1