The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

I got another one of these for the killing jar this morning when I bent over to brush my teeth. It came scurrying out of the drain hole.

.48187703991_3513db33da_k.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Schu said:

I got another one of these for the killing jar this morning when I bent over to brush my teeth. It came scurrying out of the drain hole.

Dude wtf!

• Like 1

We have scorpions around this part of Georgia, too.

3 hours ago, Schu said:

Look on the bright side--at least it isn't a snake.

JJK

• Like 1

I got something else this morning... good news.

I found out early this morning that one of the players I help stake at the WSOP, Mike Matusow, scored a fourth place in the 7 card stud hi-low tournament for $116,000.

Congratulations to mike.

48197309472_ae5c992ae5_h.jpg

19 hours ago, Schu said:

when I bent over to brush my teeth.

Now it all makes sense...

• Haha 2

A successful harvest! Much better yield than earlier in the year. 43 chickens total, 28 in my freezer (along with two big bags of necks and feet). Gave a handful of birds to my helpers that came out, and another dozen to my vegetable farmer friend with whom I'm trading poultry for our family CSA share.

Always an exhausting but rewarding day.

202CDCE0-24C4-4742-8537-2333E20B87A3.thumb.jpeg.82221e48a0138abd8131377e32776063.jpeg

• Like 1

I grabbed another Martin Logan Depth i. I have been wanting to run duals again for quite some time now and a good deal popped CL today and I jumped.

I fully knew this when buying it but it powers on but the woofers are dead so the amp is shot. I have an email in to ML for a replacement amp, I am hoping it’s under $300 but only time will tell. Grabbed this one for $180. Not bad!

84807d9ca2874eb4eb5e52a7b1f10c56.jpg
091b4967da2f84076ab60efd9ea8b353.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, Schu said:

I got something else this morning... good news.

Congratulations to mike.

Congratulations to both Mikes

PPV for me and 8 buddies......

UFC-780x405.png

• Like 3

Not that I needed another amp, but at $49...it was impossible to pass up. Another Sherbourn TST-2/200 with eight channels pushing 100 watts each or fully balanced XLR run in stereo with 200 watts per channel. I already have one in the garage so I will probably swap this one in to power my pc audio through my Klipsch RC-3 ii pair. Using the Emotiva XDA-2 as a preamp/DAC with a Klipsch Sub-10.

08149e65ba43ca261e79dd240ac8b8fa.jpg

• Like 1

I finally finished cutting my black granite slabs that I have had for almost a year now. Placed them on top of my 5 Chorus II's and my diy audio racks for a seamless look. The other 2 Chorus II's are in surround position with matching black granite tops. So what do you guys think? Do you like the look of black granite and walnut?

20190707_191437-3830x2154.jpg

• Like 9

Looks very classy!  :emotion-21:

On 5/31/2019 at 6:23 PM, Schu said:

Its runing roon for music categorizing and playback. The OS is a linx based online system I think. It's pretty stripped down but you can loaf and run many music apps.

I know I gave you shit, but I decided to give Roon another shot after your lastest posts about this device. I was an early adopter at the time and after collapsing my dedicated 2-channel system it just wasn't worth it.

So I dusted off my Raspberry pi 3 and ordered a hifiberry digi+ pro for the GPIO output in order to send coax digital to my denon avr which has a decent enough dac inside of it. This allowed me to bypass the shared usb/ethernet noise of the Pi, which also not having digital-to-analog-to-digital-to-analog conversion taking place by connecting up a DAC to my AVR over RCA inputs. Roon has certainly polished up over the past few years and the ability to have these little roon endpoints without much fiddle factor is certainly much nicer than what i had to deal with in the past. So I'll spend the next year revisiting my existing library and probably grow it to see if it's worth maintaining the roon subscription. I'm still on spotify since I share it with my wife and family and I just can't justify the extra expense for Tidal - so I'll continue to use that either through my NVIDIA shield or the AVR's built in spotify support.

23 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

I finally finished cutting my black granite slabs that I have had for almost a year now. Placed them on top of my 5 Chorus II's and my diy audio racks for a seamless look. The other 2 Chorus II's are in surround position with matching black granite tops. So what do you guys think? Do you like the look of black granite and walnut?

20190707_191437-3830x2154.jpg

Very nice, I'll bet 5 Chorus lls sound spectacular.....congrats, I'm digging the granite.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Very nice, I'll bet 5 Chorus lls sound spectacular.....congrats, I'm digging the granite.

Upon reviewing the custom granite tops, in my listening tests, I have noticed slightly enhanced upper midrange transients, ocassional extended decay on the high notes, and a noticeably  faster roll off on the bottom end. I could not detect any induced ringing. Also, I could not perceive the changes in resonant frequency due to the added coupling. Well worth the additional investment.

JK

If any one believes that BS, send me a PM cause I have some stuff for sale you may also like.

I myself just like the style and protection they will provide.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Upon reviewing the custom granite tops, in my listening tests, I have noticed slightly enhanced upper midrange transients, ocassional extended decay on the high notes, and a noticeably  faster roll off on the bottom end. I could not detect any induced ringing. Also, I could not perceive the changes in resonant frequency due to the added coupling. Well worth the additional investment.

JK

If any one believes that BS, send me a PM cause I have some stuff for sale you may also like.

I myself just like the style and protection they will provide.

Haha...had me going for a second! They look good, much better than glass.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I know I gave you shit, but I decided to give Roon another shot after your lastest posts about this device. I was an early adopter at the time and after collapsing my dedicated 2-channel system it just wasn't worth it.

So I dusted off my Raspberry pi 3 and ordered a hifiberry digi+ pro for the GPIO output in order to send coax digital to my denon avr which has a decent enough dac inside of it. This allowed me to bypass the shared usb/ethernet noise of the Pi, which also not having digital-to-analog-to-digital-to-analog conversion taking place by connecting up a DAC to my AVR over RCA inputs. Roon has certainly polished up over the past few years and the ability to have these little roon endpoints without much fiddle factor is certainly much nicer than what i had to deal with in the past. So I'll spend the next year revisiting my existing library and probably grow it to see if it's worth maintaining the roon subscription. I'm still on spotify since I share it with my wife and family and I just can't justify the extra expense for Tidal - so I'll continue to use that either through my NVIDIA shield or the AVR's built in spotify support.

I sold that server already... it was certainly the best streaming set up I've ever owned, but it just had some nagging connectivity issues unrelated to sound quality and processing. To bad really,  I wanted it to work and the few weeks I had it I had several playlists built.