The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

Got my Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box set today.  Prices are already going stupid I was watching 1 of the sets on  ( https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/85937/The_Beatles-The_Beatles_Stereo_Box_Set-Vinyl_Box_Sets ) at 299.00 last week I was dragging my feet checked the wish list and price had jumped to 750.00. Kicking my own A$$ I went on a search and found Elusive Disc had not  gone crazy "YET" and still had them for 359.00  The way vinyl has been going nuts I hurried and put in an order that arrived today in mint shape

Moral: If you are on the fence nows the time............

• Like 1

More NOS GE 5 Star 5670 tubes for my Maverick Audio D2 DAC. fe807efafd187955833ea83fb1664ddf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, SWL said:

More NOS GE 5 Star 5670 tubes for my Maverick Audio D2 DAC. fe807efafd187955833ea83fb1664ddf.jpg

Doesn't it take just one?

No. You gotta jam six of them in there and sit back and be amazed at the improvement. Do I know how to party or what?

Um, yeah.....just one.

4 minutes ago, SWL said:

No. You gotta jam six of them in there and sit back and be amazed at the improvement. Do I know how to party or what?

Um, yeah.....just one.emoji39.png

Why did you get 6 then?

Tubes?  I thought the soup du jour was all digital, after all I was pilloried for suggesting otherwise.

Why did you get 6 then?

Do you still listen to your D2? Do you still have the same tube in it? How long have you had your D2?

I ask because mine really seems to wear out a tube pretty quickly. I bought a handful of them because 1. I dig the sound of this DAC and 2. After putting a new tube in after a year's use (I've done this I think twice now) the sound improvement from a new tube is pretty substantial to my ears. The older tube sounds 'tired' in comparison.....good but tired.

I think this is true with a lot of tubes but this particular DAC to me, sounds better with a strong tube. So I'm rotating them (they're cheap......I paid under 100 bucks for all six tubes).

• Like 1

Tubes?  I thought the soup du jour was all digital, after all I was pilloried for suggesting otherwise.
Tubes and Digital my man.....

32 minutes ago, SWL said:

Do you still listen to your D2? Do you still have the same tube in it? How long have you had your D2?

It's in a secondary system that doesn't get much use.  I have a Schiit thst currently gets more air time.  I haven't upgraded the op amps like you have either.

It's in a secondary system that doesn't get much use.  I have a Schiit thst currently gets more air time.  I haven't upgraded the op amps like you have either.
Which Shiit DAC? I've thought about trying one of their DACs....or any other DAC just for the sake of trying another DAC but the D2 with the discrete opamps and my choice of tube after rolling several different types....I really don't feel the need to change. Been pretty content with this thing.

My daughter purchased a set of Forte I speakers for me from an estate sale in Colorado Springs. My wife saw the on the last day of her visit for (Thursday) for $450. For logistics reasons I passed. (I'm in Phoenix, Az.) However they were still available today for $250, so I had my daughter pick them up. This is unheard, and only saw one texted picture. Looks like Oak veneer and no gross gouges, so a pretTy good deal. May be used in my garage.  Now I am stuck like @WillyBob was when he was waiting for his La Scalas. Gots to find a reason for a road trip. We usually fly up to visit the grandkids, but maybe around Christmas........

Wife just told me they were $225, not $250. Not @Youthman, but not bad. (Even a blind dog finds a 🍖 now and then)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

In my previous job I used to throw away bushels of them. I never thought about getting rich on old tubes until I joined the Klipsch forum.

JJK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1