Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, HPower said:

 

Ya, those are the Rotty pics.

 

 

My GT is not quite a full blown Adventure machine, it's really a slightly tall Sport Touring bike... emphasizing the sport side of things.

 

For now I will try it just with the Healtech 'ESE' Exhaust Servo Eliminator I got at Rottweller, this makes the bike think the Servo and exhaust valve

are still there and not throw any errors.

There is a KTM ECU flash available at the dealer that is for a full Akrapovic system (no cat or exhaust valve), so that could be an option if the

stock ECU setting can't compensate enough for my transplant operation.

 

I might think 🤔 about a Stage 5 Rotty Intake System, which would include a Power Commander V and Dual channel Auto Tune.

But this might be going over board a bit.🙄

 

 

No such thing as going over board! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, babadono said:

It's a clean-out for the septic(sewer) lines from the upper floor of the house. I T'ed off of it to add a breather tube that goes all the way out to the front slope where there is an activated charcoal filter. I had a terrible time with sewer gas smell in my back yard until I added this filter and additional ones on the vents on top of the roof. No no odors at all now.:)

Nice wall, with the amount of block remaining, looks like you're going up quite a few more courses. Those block are the big boys, solid. I normally use the hollow style then fill the middle with stone. Do they rely on their weight to hold them or is there some kind of anchor, glue? Nice place Eric.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

You NEVER use a 90 in a clean out.  You NEVER use a T in a clean out.

The T only goes to my "breather" line. The pipe that would ever need cleanout is a good 2 feet below the "T" I added. If I get effluent that high up God help me:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice wall, with the amount of block remaining, looks like you're going up quite a few more courses. Those block are the big boys, solid. I normally use the hollow style then fill the middle with stone. Do they rely on their weight to hold them or is there some kind of anchor, glue? Nice place Eric.

These particular blocks have a lip on the bottom back of block that locks them into the course below and gives each successive couse about a 1 inch set back. Wall is supposed to be 3 foot high at least at the staircase end then will probably step down. Thanks for the compliment and again you will see it soon? In person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HPower said:

This arrived today in the mail, should add a little extra to the exhaust note on the SDGT.

 

Arrow_1sm.thumb.jpg.86fcee2ce9d63e918d0da8fce676aa6b.jpg

 

 

 

That’s handy.  It has an arrow, so you know which way to put it on.  <wink>

 

Seriously, that looks pretty cool.  The craftsmanship looks really good in the pictures, so it probably looks and feels pretty good in the flesh, too.  Nothing like “adding lightness” for improvements in several ways.  Let’s hope it adds some power as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You NEVER use a 90 in a clean out.  You NEVER use a T in a clean out.


Come on - guys building the The Great Wall of California. Ease up — 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 5:13 PM, Ceptorman said:

No such thing as going over board! 

 

That's a predictable Klipsch Forum statement 😎... ie, tweeters that measure 40in x 25.5in. 😳

I would be guilty as charged on that one.

 

Here are a few pics.

 

Before:

 

IMG_2114.thumb.jpg.4581c3a974d473cfc0478aa95289a885.jpg

 

After:

 

IMG_2161.thumb.jpg.b7abceafc11afefa9c0909675c6458ae.jpg

IMG_2158.thumb.jpg.521ce7beb240b88314f3914e9c5b9552.jpg

 

IMG_2159.thumb.jpg.a39acf1fe52eec39b1fd8e84632d3ca5.jpg

 

Took the GT out for a 30 minute ride yesterday and I am very happy with the new sound.

Should not be overly obnoxious for the neighbours, but they will hear me coming now.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HPower said:

 

That's a predictable Klipsch Forum statement 😎... ie, tweeters that measure 40in x 25.5in. 😳

I would be guilty as charged on that one.

 

Here are a few pics.

 

Before:

 

IMG_2114.thumb.jpg.4581c3a974d473cfc0478aa95289a885.jpg

 

After:

 

IMG_2161.thumb.jpg.b7abceafc11afefa9c0909675c6458ae.jpg

IMG_2158.thumb.jpg.521ce7beb240b88314f3914e9c5b9552.jpg

 

IMG_2159.thumb.jpg.a39acf1fe52eec39b1fd8e84632d3ca5.jpg

 

Took the GT out for a 30 minute ride yesterday and I am very happy with the new sound.

Should not be overly obnoxious for the neighbours, but they will hear me coming now.

 

 

 

 

 

Man that sure is a nice bike. That Arrow system has a clean look to it, looks much better now. I know those bags and trunk are handy, but it sure looks sleek without them. Do you do much touring, and ride year round? All this talk about bikes has given me a fever!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HPower said:

 

 

 

IMG_2158.thumb.jpg.521ce7beb240b88314f3914e9c5b9552.jpg

 

 

 

KTM looks great without the panniers installed.

I can not stand the looks of my FJR without the panniers.

Thought I would never have a trunk on a bike, but now I can not imagine not having one for riding to work or on a trip.

Nice choice on the Arrow

 

 

1 hour ago, HPower said:

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

All this talk about bikes has given me a fever!

Now your talking.

I am sure MotoAmerica at IMS didnt help.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davis said:

Now your talking.

I am sure MotoAmerica at IMS didnt help.

 

Haha, it's your fault! We you meet a guy at the racetrack and he rides 2 different bikes in 2 days....the pressure is on. 

Did you watch that bagger race at Laguna? That was crazy!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the bags and top case are very handy, but they come off in 30 seconds for each.

I only bought her about 6 weeks ago (first of Sept.) and am still getting back in the riding mode after not having a bike in 10-12 years.

 

The plan is to get out next summer for a couple good tours, provided Covid will allow some nice destinations by next year.

 

You will notice some of the fallen leaves in the above shots, which means up here (I am about a hour north of Toronto), winter is around the corner. ☹️

Probably only a couple decent days for a ride remain before tucking the bike away in the garage until next April.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Haha, it's your fault! We you meet a guy at the racetrack and he rides 2 different bikes in 2 days....the pressure is on. 

Did you watch that bagger race at Laguna? That was crazy!

I haven't watched it yet but do want to see it.

Trying to talk my friend with his Victory Cross Country Tour into it lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HPower said:

Yes the bags and top case are very handy, but they come off in 30 seconds for each.

I only bought her about 6 weeks ago (first of Sept.) and am still getting back in the riding mode after not having a bike in 10-12 years.

 

The plan is to get out next summer for a couple good tours, provided Covid will allow some nice destinations by next year.

 

You will notice some of the fallen leaves in the above shots, which means up here (I am about a hour north of Toronto), winter is around the corner. ☹️

Probably only a couple decent days for a ride remain before tucking the bike away in the garage until next April.

 

 

Same here, I was able to get in a 6 hour ride to Ohio last week to St Marys lake. been wanting to ride over there for awhile, It was a rare warm day and I made a quick decision and 30 minutes later on was on the bike on my way.

 

Kind of like getting a phone call from Bill saying I am already  at the speedway. 30 minutes later I was headed there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HPower said:

Yes the bags and top case are very handy, but they come off in 30 seconds for each.

 

 

Mine come off that quick as well.

But It is no way the same as your KTM, the FJR is still a sport tour bike no matter what, even sans panniers and top case. It needs a better suspension components.

fjr ims 2.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Davis said:

Mine come off that quick as well.

But It is no way the same as your KTM, the FJR is still a sport tour bike no matter what, even sans panniers and top case. It needs a better suspension components.

fjr ims 2.jpg

 

Nice FJ Davis!

 

The Yamaha was on my short list along with the BMW R1200/1250 RS.

I ultimately went with the SDGT because it leans toward the sport side of things but figured if I added the top case it

would still be comfortable enough to convince the wife to get out for some riding.

 

Your FJR must be great for longer two up rides?

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purchased but no delivery until I close on the new place in 3 weeks. Yes, that is a reflection 

 

 

64FF11E0-E7C1-4B5E-B2B9-7E2BB726B55B.jpeg

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh... your the one who got them. I was considering them, but I keep coming down on the side of financial caution.

Enjoy, they look beautiful

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Purchased

Beautiful Mike.  New or used?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Beautiful Mike.  New or used?

New

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...