Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Davis said:

The KTM is way more sporty for sure. I really like it. sadly no KTM dealers in Indy.

 

Actually I have never been 2 up on the FJR.

 

If i am feeling sporty I do have this to run around on..

ducati ims 2.jpg

 

Beautiful, what year and model is the Monster?

 

V2 power is fun!!!

 

Between those two bikes, you have all your bases covered. 🤓

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice scooter Davis, sounded good too. Even though I'm approaching 60, I would still get something sporty. I doubt I would ever get a cruiser. I'm leaning more towards sport/touring......ST1300, FJR1300, 800 Interceptor, but what I really like is a VFR1200. It does have shaft drive, but also 175 HP. Rapid Touring 😁

 

My 61st BDay was the middle of August, so the KTM was basically a present for myself. 🥳

 

So, 60ish should not stop you from staying sporty!

VTwin power is fun and has lots of character, but so does the V4.

It's a combination of the cool things of both the V2 and the ILine4.

 

I had a 1994 VFR, it was a great bike, as the newer 800 Interceptor is.

But, there is a lot to be said about liter plus bikes!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HPower said:

 

Beautiful, what year and model is the Monster?

 

V2 power is fun!!!

 

Between those two bikes, you have all your bases covered. 🤓

 

 

Thanks

2017 M821

Best sounding stock exhaust I have heard.

 

Still no match for the Super Duke though.

 

I am 58yo and my birthday is mid August as well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HPower said:

 

My 61st BDay was the middle of August, so the KTM was basically a present for myself. 🥳

 

So, 60ish should not stop you from staying sporty!

VTwin power is fun and has lots of character, but so does the V4.

It's a combination of the cool things of both the V2 and the ILine4.

 

I had a 1994 VFR, it was a great bike, as the newer 800 Interceptor is.

But, there is a lot to be said about liter plus bikes!

 

My last bike was a 1000cc V-Twin, Honda RC51. It was a lot of fun, aggressive but not too hardcore. I did quite a few 800 mile weekends on that bike. Corbin seat and Heli bars helped a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Davis said:

Thanks

2017 M821

Best sounding stock exhaust I have heard.

 

Still no match for the Super Duke though.

 

I am 58yo and my birthday is mid August as well.

 

 

 

Ducati really does have a great sound.

Just for the neighbors, throw a Termignoni exhaust on. 😳

 

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

My last bike was a 1000cc V-Twin, Honda RC51. It was a lot of fun, aggressive but not too hardcore. I did quite a few 800 mile weekends on that bike. Corbin seat and Heli bars helped a lot.

 

I may have mentioned earlier, but I also had a 2001 RC51, my only other VTwin until now.

At 172hp or so on the KTM, that's about 50 ponies more than the Honda, 1 Liter Duck Eater... sorry Davis. 😉

I had some Sato Racing slip-ons on the RC51... holy cow!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty impressive...97406f59a101484f7c0afa483d2c89fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 1:17 PM, HPower said:

 

full Akrapovic system

 

I have been thinking about one for my V Strom. But, I made the mistake of riding the V Srom 1000, so now I am thinking of waiting to put it on the 1K.

 

 

On 10/29/2020 at 10:27 AM, Davis said:

Mine come off that quick as well.

But It is no way the same as your KTM, the FJR is still a sport tour bike no matter what, even sans panniers and top case. It needs a better suspension components.

fjr ims 2.jpg

Check you out with the Yosh...👍

 

I have the T-Rex guards both front and rear so it doesn't look right without the side cases. I read too many stories about the expense of dropping the FJR without the guards. 

 

 

On 10/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, Davis said:

 

Actually I have never been 2 up on the FJR.

 

I have a few times, and I have loaded it for touring. Riding 2 up, I couldn't really tell any difference. Riding fully packed, I was more aware of the need to park where the extra weight wasn't a worry and no difference while riding. 

 

As far as a top case, I have a few Givi to pick from, depending on what I want. The FJ1200 didn't come with cases, so I really do like have them on the Feejer and the Wee. 

 

 

On 10/29/2020 at 12:58 PM, Ceptorman said:

I'm leaning more towards sport/touring......ST1300, FJR1300, 800 Interceptor, but what I really like is a VFR1200. It does have shaft drive, but also 175 HP. Rapid Touring 😁

Do it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2020 at 8:24 AM, CECAA850 said:

I didn't think they were doing factory beauty panels.

 

I thought it was an option that started a few years after the Jubilees became available to home audio buyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Islander said:

 

I thought it was an option that started a few years after the Jubilees became available to home audio buyers.

I understand they are KHorn front panels trimmed to fit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have the funds... there is more available to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$1k option for walnut. Much more for others....at least that was when I was looking into new Jubes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rps20201105_170746.thumb.jpg.2c0c02413f85667c702b6ede48d7421e.jpg

Curious to hear your impressions. I’m considering this brand. I’m currently using my oppo bdp-105 as a dac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rplace said:

$1k option for walnut. Much more for others....at least that was when I was looking into new Jubes

Which is nutz IMHO. I think its Klipsch's way of saying "we dont wanna do this".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rplace said:

rps20201105_170746.thumb.jpg.2c0c02413f85667c702b6ede48d7421e.jpg

Any of those characters a guy drinking a beer?:)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cd6cf3b2555accaff6910de9b83527cf.jpg
All unpacked but for got my cables so can’t hook them up till next weekend
Devore O/96


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a couple can of man made goodness...

 

50575607003_c20f40e339_b.jpg

 

one of the cans was slightly opened in shipment so it was half evaporated... Amazon is sending me two new cans and I keep the old ones. 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 5:11 PM, Drewg said:


Curious to hear your impressions. I’m considering this brand. I’m currently using my oppo bdp-105 as a dac.

 

So far I am very impressed. I ended up getting the Ares II because it was in stock and would ship quickly 9 days from ordering in Singapore to my door. I was a bit skeptical, it being the lowest model, not to mention all the glowing praise and hype online. I figured since it was relatively cheap and the demand seems high I'd have no problem reselling.

 

This has completely changed my mind about digital. The soundstage is wide and deep exactly what I was missing from the previous DACs I've tried. To be fair none were particularly special. What really has been amazing for me is revisiting 80s and 90s music. The Cure, The Cult, REM, U2, Wallflowers, Smashing Pumpkins, Toad the wet sprocket, etc. Inshort all of the music I've never had on vinyl. Old Jazz well mastered classic pop/Rock and female vocals always sounded fantastic on my vinyl rig and that is almost exclusively what I've listened to in my dedicated space. I've had some pretty decent disc players buy Denon an Oppo but just never warmed up to that type of music for critical listening. Now it not only sounds good it sounds quite amazing.

 

I still think my vinyl setup sounds better. But this bottom-of-the-barrel Denafrips has really opened my eyes as to what might be possible. I'm reasonably sure I'll be selling the Aries soon and jumping way up the Denafrips food chain.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice... I am glad your happy, they are very good.

Digital done well is pretty special... made me drop analog all together.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...