What I Got Today!

Brac

Went to the Grand Ole Opry a little over a week ago... We were passing through town coming back from Ohio and my wife and daughter wanted to do something in Tennessee.  

I'm not into country, but apparently one of the guys I listen to is classified as country.  

PXL_20230323_021114297.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

I'm not into country, but apparently one of the guys I listen to is classified as country.  

i learned recently that Vince Gill is an official member of the Eagles. Not sure when he stepped into that roll, but he is one of the nicest guys around and has a terrific voice.

Keith Urban makes most of his money in country, but is also an incredible guitarist. His Crossroads concert with John Mayer is wonderful.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

Went to the Grand Ole Opry a little over a week ago... We were passing through town coming back from Ohio and my wife and daughter wanted to do something in Tennessee.  

PXL_20230323_021114297.jpg

The Grand Ole Opry is not just about country. I saw Old Crow Medicine Show there a few years ago and I'd never call them "country".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

i learned recently that Vince Gill is an official member of the Eagles. Not sure when he stepped into that roll, but he is one of the nicest guys around and has a terrific voice.

Keith Urban makes most of his money in country, but is also an incredible guitarist. His Crossroads concert with John Mayer is wonderful.

It was shortly after Glenn Frey died.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

The Grand Ole Opry is not just about country. I saw Old Crow Medicine Show there a few years ago and I'd never call them "country".

I would. What would you call them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

I would. What would you call them?

Originally written by Bob Dylan, but you couldn’t really understand the verses on the bootleg they had so they wrote new verses and released it in 2004 and split the royalties with Dylan.

42 minutes ago, geezin' said:

And where are they going?

Replacing the Russian made 6N3P in this little Aiyima T8 DAC.

3056943B-0C2C-4610-B101-143EC7C67499.thumb.jpeg.6c810fe9632fbe86846ad0d0e7b5dc11.jpeg

I rolled one in(ordered double so I’ve got a spare) right after they showed up this afternoon.

No meetings today so I’ve had it cranking away this afternoon while I work on some sysadmin projects.

I definitely think the GE tube is an improvement.

Currently listening to the Van Morrison album, Astral Weeks which features some of my favorite upright bass recordings and it all sounds very nice.

I’ve got some TI LM4652 op-amps coming for the A07 amp which are supposed to be an improvement as well.

I guess I’ll listen and see when they get here.

Either way I think this is a great setup driving my H1’s.

• Like 1