Towers or bookshelfs for 10 x 12 bedroom

14 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Ok thanks. I guess newer isn't always better

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The fact that the RB5 is rear ported will give you a bit more bass impact in your small room as opposed to the RB81II's front port.

Bill

57 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Ok thanks. I guess newer isn't always better

Newer is definitely not always better.  Get yourself a pair of 1960s Klipschorns. ;)

Age and price-tag do not equate to quality - in fact in some cases newer is worse.

36 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

What's the difference between the 5's and 75's both have same size tweeters and 8 inch drivers

Here's a pic of my 5's and 75's side by side.

8" Tractrix horn vs. 6" Tractrix horn and also a 1.75'' titanium diaphragm compression driver vs. a 1" titanium compression driver. And of course rear vs. front ported

jA345Kp.jpg1XTCA1h.jpg

The RB5s are no slouch but I'd take the 75's any day. They are much harder to find and command a premium price when you do find them. As others here have said tho, the RB5's are great for a bedroom set up and can be found for 200.00 or less.

One thing to consider unless your wall mounting or setting them on a desk or console, with bookshelf speakers and stands, the footprint isn't much smaller than towers.

2 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

But you don't know what you're getting since you can't demo them

You're protected by eBay and PayPals buyer protection though which removes risk.

9 hours ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Port st Lucie florida

Okay, my suggestions are a bit varied.

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/ele/d/klipsch-wf-main-stereo/6229915243.html

These towers are smallish but sound great, look great, and would fit nicely in your room.  Send a PM to forum member @Scrappydue and ask his opinion.

https://treasure.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-audiophile-speakers/6195573351.html

An excellent speaker for it's price.  Pretty awesome bass response.  Kind of a tallish "bookshelf" speaker.

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ele/d/klipsch-reference-series-rb/6197776602.html

No hesitation at all suggesting these fine speakers.  Detailed, punchy bass, great soundstage.  IMO, the RB-61/RB-61II are the sweet spot models in the Reference line.  Send @Youthman a PM for his opinion.

Bill

• Like 1