Klipsch RF-5 and NAD

modplod

I am hopefully going to be able to buy a couple of RF-5 speakers. I have been informed, I haven't seen them yet, that one woofer and one tweeter are"blown". How easy is this to repair?

I was also wondering and this is pst important. I have a NAD AV711 which I am using as a power amp in my system. It is rated at 40wpc, does this unit have enough power for these speakers or am I wasting my time?

Thanks for any assistance

RF-5s can produce reference level (peaks of 105 dB) with 25 w.p.c. in a 3,000 cu.ft. room, at normal listening distance.   That would be at 80 Hz and above, which is what you would be using if you have a subwoofer (which you should have).

you might be able to find factory parts for your RF5 at "The Speaker Exchange" Do a search there as they have lots of brand new and new old stock parts of factory Klipsch parts such as diaphragms motors drives crossovers for Klipsch and many other brands they are excellent to deal with and prices are fair.

http://reconingspeakers.com/

I bought the speakers yesterday....Very nice condition for their age. As the seller said 1 tweeter and 1 woofer not working....Took the tweeter out to have a look and it was not connected....Then took the "non-working " woofer out and it had only 1 connection.  Hooked them both up and they worked...The speakers sound fantastic and even though I only have a 40wpc NAD amp running them I cannot turn it up more than 1/3 of the way because of the neighbors...

All for $40

• Like 4