Power Conditioners

badboyspack

I use a PS Audio power regenerator.  It makes anything with a motor (TT, tape deck), CD transport sound better IMO, supposedly because the AC waveform is made pure sine wave.  I'm not sure what "conditioning" means in power terms, would appreciate explanation.

On 21/07/2017 at 8:49 AM, Ole Dollar said:

Several APC G5's that includes sequenced power. It is rack mounted and sequences my tube equipment startup and shutdown  so it is easy for wife to use.

I live in Australia - Brisbane QLD 

We get a few storms and the power is mostly stable 

Last year I had a power issue that needed an electrician & while he was here I asked him to check the voltage on my wall outlet 

Both he and I was surprised at the reading of 259 Volts 

I purchased  a locally made THOR PS10 for power level stability at a constant 240 Volts and storm protection ( other voltages are available) 

The PS10 is a good unit that shows you the power entry Volts in real time and it's in constantly in up and down motion, the exit Volts are steady on 240 Volts 

Sound wise I haven't noticed any difference 

Easy to use as a one switch option to power up all connected components as it has a delayed like a soft start 

Any component can be left on and the THOR PS10 will soft switch them all ON and OFF with a single switch on the unit 

Also it comes with a noise suppression power board