Hi-res music streamers

Derrick

Hi, 

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with point-to-point hi-res music streamers like the Audioengine D2 24-bit wireless DAC or the NAD DAC 2 wireless USB digital to analogue converter? 

I am trying to find a way to play 24 bit hi-res files from my Mac (older) that is in a separate room than my stereo system. I am currently streaming via Airplay to an Apple TV box which is plugged into the optical input on my 2-channel amp. Airplay downgrades the signal to 44/16 so it isn't truly hi-res.

Thanks

1 hour ago, A1UC said:

Auralic Aries , did you look at that ?

Thanks. Nice units. 

Without having a sender unit hard wired to the computer, how is the hi-res file sent to the receiver unit? Is it via wifi or Airplay? I didn't think that those methods could send hi-res files over the air. I can't use the ethernet connection due to the location of my computer.  

Aries Input
RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
Dual-Band WiFi connection
USB 2.0 High-Speed for external disk

27 minutes ago, Derrick said:

Thanks. Nice units. 

Without having a sender unit hard wired to the computer, how is the hi-res file sent to the receiver unit? Is it via wifi or Airplay? I didn't think that those methods could send hi-res files over the air. I can't use the ethernet connection due to the location of my computer.  

Aries Input
RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
Dual-Band WiFi connection
USB 2.0 High-Speed for external disk

Take a look at these.

I have 4 units(different brand) around the house and they work great.

https://www.cnet.com/topics/networking/best-networking-devices/power-line-adapters/

Bill

@Derrick 

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/hi-fi/network-players

After a lot of reading up last fall, ignorance of this site then kept me out of the tubular option. I went with Cambridge in a couple stages. The sound thoroughly impressed me as better quality than my long adulated Yamaha RX1100, and reminiscent of an astounding 40wpc Class A Nelson Pass Nakamichi that I let go.

Enjoy figuring it out!

• Like 1

While I won't really argue the merit of hi rez audio, but a lot of studios still record at 24bit/48kHz.

One of my favorite albums of all time, Dire Straits 'Brothers in Arms', was recorded on 16bit/48kHz. 

BTW, I love hi tech stuff...

Bruce