Ignore IGNORANCE & Boorish behavior

DizRotus

32 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Does anyone besides me see the utter irony here?  

Does anybody besides me have no clue what's going on?  :unsure:

To clarify what I'm saying, I really don't want to know what's going on.  In my only comment, I was speaking in general.  As far as specifics are concerned, I'm just pleading ignorance and I'd like to keep it that way.

• Like 3

Ok, the work week has started and my heart is troubled by the actions of SOME of the humans I interact with.

This has reminded me of another quote that bears mention:

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Diz, this is a very profound thread you started.  The philosophical conundrum with your proposal is simply this:  If we are to ignore or otherwise not respond to posts comprised of ignorance, then the only posts remaining would all consist solely of ignorance.  

Oliver Crangle, a dealer in petulance and poison. He’s rather arbitrarily chosen four o’clock as his personal Gotterdammerung, and we are about to watch the metamorphosis of a twisted fanatic, poisoned by the gangrene of prejudice, to the status of an avenging angel, upright and omniscient, dedicated and fearsome. Whatever your clocks say, it’s four o’clock, and wherever you are it happens to be the Twilight Zone.

Don’t worry at four o’clock all the evil people will become two-foot tall and won’t be able to reach their keyboards anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Oliver Crangle, a dealer in petulance and poison. He’s rather arbitrarily chosen four o’clock as his personal Gotterdammerung, and we are about to watch the metamorphosis of a twisted fanatic, poisoned by the gangrene of prejudice, to the status of an avenging angel, upright and omniscient, dedicated and fearsome. Whatever your clocks say, it’s four o’clock, and wherever you are it happens to be the Twilight Zone.

Don’t worry at four o’clock all the evil people will become two-foot tall and won’t be able to reach their keyboards anymore.

Wow, must be some damn good stuff......

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Diz, this is a very profound thread you started.  The philosophical conundrum with your proposal is simply this:  If we are to ignore or otherwise not respond to posts comprised of ignorance, then the only posts remaining would all consist solely of ignorance.  

That's cute but flawed.  I'll assume you were being your clever self.

You know nothing would prevent new posts.  Nothing prevents replies, even to ignorant posts -- you can read this can't you ;) -- if the posts do not personally insult or attack the other poster.

I care not what profound hate any forum member harbors in his/her heart for me or any other forum member, just don't parade it publicly in front of everyone else.  I care not to hear the details of the perceived transgressions that a poster feels justify boorish immature retorts.  Reserve some time at a gym, put on the gloves and duke it out, but keep it private.    

• Like 2

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

That's cute but flawed.  I'll assume you were being your clever self.

You know nothing would prevent new posts.  Nothing prevents replies, even to ignorant posts -- you can read this can't you ;) -- if the posts do not personally insult or attack the other poster.

I care not what profound hate any forum member harbors in his/her heart for me or any other forum member, just don't parade it publicly in front of everyone else.  I care not to hear the details of the perceived transgressions that a poster feels justifies boorish immature retorts.  Reserve some time at a gym, put on the gloves and duke it out, but keep it private.    

Too bad this didn't work out like that. Everyone loses in a situation like this, including innocent bystanders.