Ignore IGNORANCE & Boorish behavior

DizRotus

50 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

That's cute but flawed.  I'll assume you were being your clever self.

It's actually true of at least one forum here.

"Please, when a post is stupid, ignore it.  To reply to it to point out the stupidity only makes it worse."

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

and the tautology goes on.

Here comes another one

Here it comes again

Here comes another one

When will it ever end?

I know whatever it is

I've not seen one before

But here comes another one

And here comes a bunch of 'em

Here comes another one

Thank God I'm not having lunch with them

So, as a relative newbie here, have been a member since '08 but haven't 'been' a member since late last year, this year, all I can say is that the vast majority of members that I have conversed with are helpful, awnry, smart arse, quasi intellectual, funny, and informative.  Cliques, I don't see it.  Are there members that know each other well, have time amongst them, have bantered back and forth for years, sure.  But, I've jumped in on conversations with these folks and they have always 'included' me in the mix.

Do some members want nothing but high level audio geometry discussed, sure, are there others that want to discuss frying pans, absolutely, but that's what I enjoy so much about this forum.  It covers all spectrum's, but most all have one thing in common, Klipsch.  I dig hanging out in RTM on a Friday night posting my music that other's may not enjoy, and them posting what they like.  It's a fabric of audio, all backed by Klipsch.

So, I understand what DizRotus is saying, "be the bigger person", but sometimes when a troll posts a topic like 'idiots', they deserve a little heat from the kitchen.  This forum has evolved from simply audio to lifestyle all backed by the brand that presents it.  Hard to do considering most products.  Here's to the quest of audio.  Here's to Klipsch and it's forum members, may your pursuits be influenced by a man named Paul.  Enough said. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, ACV92 said:

when a troll posts a topic like 'idiots', they deserve a little heat from the kitchen. 

I agree with most of what you said.  IMO, trolls don't deserve heat, they crave it.  Resisting the urge to react to negativity, IMO, shortens the lifespan of a troll.  Civility bores them.  If their "clever" insults are ignored, they're bored.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 7/24/2017 at 4:11 PM, dtel said:

Well who did it ? Yes we are aware, Klipsch never gave us much to go on with this, before it was allowed if it wasn't obvious. Except for the TOS we have nothing to go on. There is a section where moderators go when they think there is a problem, this was done so all can decide if something needs to be done instead of only one opinion.  

Chad is the forum admin, and is never here, have not heard from him for a long time.

Cliques could be real here, there are alot of people posting, some are closer than others, are we expected to read everything and stop this ? If so, I quit and the others may feel the same.

As far a moderating, no one gets special treatment, I wish everyone could see where the moderators talk about possible problems just for 5  minutes. How many people posting in many different threads and sections, what are the odds of 2 moderators and 2 helpers ability to form cliques, were lucky just to keep up with watching for bad words, pictures or political and religious post ? 

Want to know the truth, there are a couple members I would ban just because the aggravate me, but it's not up to just me and it's not fair just because I don't care for them, so I try to ignore it.  Yes I have called people I do like, after deleting their post, just to say stop or you will be banned were tired of it, not really cliquish in my mind.

Anyway I was out of town for days and came back to find out there was vote for new mods and they picked me and others. Everyone likes to post here and just enjoy, it kind of takes some of the fun out of it to be a mod, especially when we get blamed for things we can't control even if we wanted to. 

Anyone want my job, send a message to Chad, you can have it. Just so you know it pays nothing but you're expected to be responsible or at least take blame for whatever goes anyway people feel is not right. Oh and just so you know you are expected to reel in any of the hundreds of  personalities and people trying to sell things, on thousands of threads. Sounds great doesn't it.

If I don't post for many days at times, it's on purpose, sometimes I just say xxxxx it, I didn't sign up for daycare, thought it was adults.

We don't get paid?

• Like 1

Just now, dwilawyer said:

We don't get paid?

It's Pro Bono work.  We appreciate the donation.  As I said before, it really is a great forum.  So many personalities, I feel for the Mod's.  Kind of like being a 'Hall Monitor' back in grade school.  Don't let the ignorant ruin the sum of it's parts.

On 7/24/2017 at 5:11 PM, dtel said:

Anyway I was out of town for days and came back to find out there was vote for new mods and they picked me and others.

Elden,  

Thank you for taking on a thankless responsibility.  You, Christy, Carl, Dave, Travis and any moderators or helpers of whom I'm unaware, do an amazing job.  IMO, anyone who feels you favor others in a "clique" is mistaken.

I feel for how you were drafted in absentia.  While in the hospital, unable to defend myself, I was elected president of our homeowners' association.  One evening, a couple appeared at my front door to complain about welding being done in their next door neighbor's garage.  I explained they had me confused with the police; my authority was capped at organizing a yearly bike parade.

Without your patience, we wouldn't be able to experience the good on the forum.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I feel for how you were drafted in absentia.

Dtel could have declined the position, but we're glad he didn't.  Thinking back on the process that named the new moderators, one thing is very bittersweet to me.  Boxx was the number one vote getter.  I really miss him.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 7/28/2017 at 1:03 AM, dwilawyer said:

We don't get paid?

Nope, but if we did, I wouldn't deserve it, but others would.

21 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You guys have no idea.........................

True, the whole ordeal to try and be fair to everyone and the forum is not easy.

19 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Elden,  

Thank you for taking on a thankless responsibility.  You, Christy, Carl, Dave, Travis and any moderators or helpers of whom I'm unaware, do an amazing job.  IMO, anyone who feels you favor others in a "clique" is mistaken.

Really it's way more the people you named than me, they do the hard things, I'm just another person watching out, and an opinion. There is  a lot to watch out for.

Cliques, I don't get it, some people are closer than others and talk more but it just happens in many cases. Were all still expected to act the same way, no one get's away with anything special, we try to let things work itself out no matter who it is, but sometime it just doesn't work. 

As far as people who go to pilgrimages, or not, has nothing to do with how they are treated, act like an *** and get treated like one, one member got stupid and was banned because of how he acted at a pilgrimage so going and meeting people in person dosen't change anything. To be honest, 99% of the people at a pilgrimages you would really like, ask people who have gone about the overall crowd.  It's surprising really.

It's true I wasn't forced, just very surprised I was even on the list, but I like it here so I could help a little to try to keep it nice. I usually just try to keep an eye out for trouble, but Carl is usually on it by the time I get there, or my wife, we don't really talk much about this stuff at home unless it's a real problem.

I use to talk alot with Boxx, you always knew when you talked with him you always felt like you got good advice or ideas from him,

a very consistent level headed guy, always. It was a shock, and I miss him also. 

• Like 2