Now that I'm retired....

Dhollin

I will certainly give the "diaper" approach a try. Don't have diapers but I suppose a piece of soft velvet like stuff would do as well. I was leery of putting feet on the heresy although little stick on rubber things shouldn't be too bad. I didn't want to put spikes on top of the subs. The second sub is on its way and contractor starts in the room on Monday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

That's nothing.  I used to get mustard plasters when I had a chest cold and my mother would use (clean) cloth diapers to cover them with.

FINE... use dish towels, and yes, the ones still being used around the house are over 50 years old... btw, they still sell them. Anything similar will do, and I use them because they won't hurt the finish. ^_^

Since you are using subs, I also wouldn't worry about having them in corners.

• 1 month later...

The room is now complete but not completely finished. Have the 2 channel set up in place and used a felt pad between the Heresy and the sub. I do like the way it looks and there is NO problem with the low end. So... a pair of Heresies each sitting on top of a 12" Dayton sub. The sound is a bit boomy due to room acoustics and I'll work on that once all the furniture and accoutrements are in place. I'll post pics when that's done. Thanks to all the members for their advice and comments. You've been a great help.

On 7/26/2017 at 11:18 AM, CECAA850 said:

That's nothing.  I used to get mustard plasters when I had a chest cold and my mother would use (clean) cloth diapers to cover them with.

Am I the only one that doesn't know what a mustard plaster is? Is it a regional term? I could google it, but isn't this place smarter than google?