Muddled Musings on Dementia and Hearing

thebes

OK they are saying once again that hearing loss can cause you to lose your mind, leave you swatting at invisible bugs, muttering and mumbling.

So what Thebes. It's a risk we are willing to run cause listening loud through refrigerator sized speakers is the way to go.

Hey I own several pair of the same  thing and I'm not about to argue.

But.

Yes there's always a butt and with Thebes it's getting larger every year.

So in my musings and meanderings I've actually reached the conclusion that playing music fairly loud through high-quality components and recordings is actually a proactive solution to dementia.

Think about it.  Good music, properly rendered opens up your mind and mental faculties like nothing else on this earth.  Regular exposure opens up the heart , the mind, and often, the libido.  On the off chance that it, and not your totally obnoxious lawn mower or leaf blower, visits you with hearing loss, your stimulated memory will overcome this loss with good vibes remembered and never forgotten.

So rock on my brothers and sisters.  It's good for you and your mind.  And the next time you see some old person in a home dancing by themselves  to a tune only they can hear, don't jump to conclusions.  They may just be an audiophile reliving a particularly wonderful moment in music.

• Like 5

• thebes changed the title to Muddled Musings on Dementia and Hearing
52 minutes ago, thebes said:

OK they are saying once again that hearing loss can cause you to lose your mind, leave you swatting at invisible bugs, muttering and mumbling.

that’s good know.  I knew all along it wasn’t the LSD that did me in. So, when i’m wearing my hearing aids, am i regaining part of my sanity?

Hey Moray, just looking at the length of the link is driving me into dementia.

Just so you know, I'm half serious about this.  Good music, properly rendered, either live or recorded, has to help keep the senility demons away,

Sure it's been proven that Beatles songs actually accelerate mental decline, but then again Jerry Lee Lewis will save your soul, while getting your heart beating again.

• Like 1

Good music is definitely good for your body, brain and soul.  Some music is so transcendental that the type of instrument is secondary.  One example is Everlong by the Foo Fighters.  Here's a version played on several gayageums.  Say what?  A gayageum is the Korean version of the Japanese koto.  This player, Luna Lee, plays lots of rock hits on her instruments, and the effect is pretty interesting.

Foo Fighters - Everlong Gayageum ver. by Luna: 

• Like 2

Who'd have thought that La Grange could sound so good with no vocals?  She does lots more.  Her version of Sultans of Swing is pretty good, and the comments were great, something you can rarely say.

ZZ Top - La Grange Gayageum ver. by Luna: 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, thebes said:

Hey Moray, just looking at the length of the link is driving me into dementia.

Just so you know, I'm half serious about this.  Good music, properly rendered, either live or recorded, has to help keep the senility demons away,

Sure it's been proven that Beatles songs actually accelerate mental decline, but then again Jerry Lee Lewis will save your soul, while getting your heart beating again.

Paul Stamets is one of America's great thinkers and is in a select group of the worlds brightest minds. Paul had a lisp until he was 14 years old when his first mushroom experience corrected the problem permanently. Magic mushroom is also very effective in treating migraine and cluster headaches. Paul has looked into treatment of dementia and Alzheimer's. It is a very interesting video. Paul has many fascinating patents he is truly a great American mind and the mushrooms only help. Medical science is in a sad situation today.

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

with fresh mushrooms you can also put them in honey...

just wrap the jar with black construction paper..

store in cool spot for a couple of months..

then when the time comes just add it your tea or toast.. 

Love those helpful hints from Heloise...