RF83's put out more than RF7's?

CHASLS2

• Moderators

I wouldn't say either the RF-7 nor the RF-83 is better...they just have a different sound.  If you like a brighter speaker, the RF-7 are the way to go.  If you prefer a more laid back sound, the RF-83 are great.  The RF-7ii are somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The RF-83, RC-64, & RS-62 is a fantastic system.  I used it for many years and loved them.  It wasn't until I purchased a pair of LaScalas that there was no comparison (at least in midrange and detail).  Bottom end...the RF-83's spank the LaScalas all day long in the slam factor.  The LaScalas bass is cleaner, it just doesn't have a ton of output nor do they dig down as deep.

I almost bought a set of the 63's awhile back, one of the big turn offs for me in my limited space is how deep the cabinets are on the 63 / 83 models, not exactly bedroom friendly. I would love to try them out when I get a little leg room though, I'm sure they're fantastic sounding speakers.

25 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I almost bought a set of the 63's awhile back, one of the big turn offs for me in my limited space is how deep the cabinets are on the 63 / 83 models, not exactly bedroom friendly. I would love to try them out when I get a little leg room though, I'm sure they're fantastic sounding speakers.

I have two subs i forgot about on both sides so the 83's would be way out front of my tv.  

8 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

Which ever is the better bargin, the 83's or RF 7 package, grab it if it fits your budget and space.

They fit my budget. But not my space.  I just saw the ad and had crazy thoughts going thru my head.

59 minutes ago, Boilermaker86 said:

I take it your are in Florida....saw that too. If I didn't just buy the Rf82 II set , I would definitely consider them. Let me k is if you go to hear them and how they sound.

If Charles passes on these I really do think you should consider them.  Real wood veneer, 1.25 inch true compression drivers, three 8 inch woofers(RF-83), and four 6.5 inch woofers(RC-64).

Bill

• Like 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I almost bought a set of the 63's awhile back, one of the big turn offs for me in my limited space is how deep the cabinets are on the 63 / 83 models, not exactly bedroom friendly.

You are correct.  You can see here how much deeper the RF-83 are than the RF-7's.

klipsch-rf7-vs-rf83.JPG

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, willland said:

If Charles passes on these I really do think you should consider them.  Real wood veneer, 1.25 inch true compression drivers, three 8 inch woofers(RF-83), and four 6.5 inch woofers(RC-64).

@Boilermaker86 If you do decide to go listen to them, you are welcome to stop by and hear the RF-7ii, RF-7 and LaScalas.  I'm 12 min south of I-4 in Plant City. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willland said:

Bill

I know I have been looking at it a lot lately. Only thing is I saw a pair of RF82 II for sale on Craigslist for months and don't know how easy it would be to unload what I just bought. 

Do you have an idea what I could get for a pair of RF 82 II, RC 62 II and each pair of RS-52 II? If I could get enough and get the guy to come down a bit, it might be an even swap.

Then I could come down and listen to youthmans RF 7IIs.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Boilermaker86 said:

I know I have been looking at it a lot lately.

Upgraditis....I think we all struggle with it. 

RF-82ii - $700-$800 New on Ebay so maybe $500 used?
RC-62ii - $260 New on Ebay so around $150 - $200

RS-52ii - $150 - $200 used

I sold my RF-83 and RC-64 in 2014 for $1700.  They have come down a lot since then. 

Unless the seller is willing to take a lot less for the package, you will probably end up with a descent amount out of pocket.

• Like 2

That helps a lot...plus the wife said they look too big. I kinda agree. I feel like if I got them it's a niche market that would like them since they are the older models and huge if I ever needed to sell them.  There about 3-4 listings of the RF-83s on eBay with none selling.

I'm sure they sound amazing and it would have been my purchase if it was three months ago....but ultimately I like that mine are brand new and have all the boxes. Plus the Frys deal was amazing prices too good to pass up. 

Thanks for listening, I think I just talked my self out of upgraditis finally :)