Home cinema with Heritage Line ?

Alex Ph

Hi guys so my new home is on its way and it's nothing more satisfied than to finish it with a great sound system. Since the living room is gonna be open room, I'm considering to have a surround system installed with a UHD TV. I've been looking around for a while and found out that Klipsch system might suit me best. However since I don't live in the US , there's no way I can go and have a test for my custom system, so I guess consulting the Klipsch forum is the best shot i got. 

Here is my intended system: 

(5.1.2 surround system with Atmos)

La Scala ii x2 for Left and Right (Red)

Cornwall iii for Front (Blue)

Heresy iii for surround back (Black)

R-155SW Subwoofer

2 in-ceiling speakers for Atmos effect (I really need recommendation for this)

Marrantz Separates (AV8802A & MM8077)

The system will be used for home cinema obviously but I want to listen to music daily so the La Scala II was my first choice. However, I've read somewhere the home cinema speakers might sound more brightly than the La Scalas so I wonder will the Heritage Line fit the Movies set-up or they are just for music only ? Is there better alternatives or cheaper-but-could-do-same-job for the surround effect ? (The RP RF line maybe ?) 

Regarding the speaker system, what speaker cable do you recommend for in-wall lining ? ( connect from amplifier directly to speakers or make a switch or something on the wall for better maintenance ?) 

The room size is 14x14x11 feet (or 4.5x4.5x3.5m) and I have attached a picture of the room. The right hand side will be connect to the open area. 

My budget is around $20-25k by the way.

Thank you very much !! 

Untitled.png

IMO, If you plan on crossing over to your Cornwall at 80hz or higher, you could save a few dollars and use a Heresy for the center, as they both have the same mid and high frequency horns and drivers. Neither the Heresy or the Cornwall can match the LaScala for maximum output, but the maximum output of a Heresy is plenty loud in my opinion, so should not be a limiting factor when crossed over at 80hz or higher. 

Naturally, the set up as you have already chosen it will sound phenomenal! Congratulations and good luck!

15 minutes ago, Alex Ph said:

I would too but the LS2 size is a bit big for the TV shelf hence the CW since I've read somewhere that the Cornwall would do a good job with the LS2.

Alex,

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe try to find a Cornscala for center.

Bill

At least two R-115SW's if you stick with Klipsch residential offerings.  There's a new line coming out in a few months you might be interested in, real wood veneer, would match your heritage stuff better, slightly better amp with a dsp that has room correction.  It's shown in part in the Asian CES booklet.  

5 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

There was a single out there somewhere, Ebay I think. I believe it was in Florida

In his first post he said he didn't live in the US.

That probably includes Florida as well.  B)

+++

All humor has its roots in reality.  I wonder if it would be feasible to find used speakers in the US and ship overseas?  I wouldn't think so, I'm just thinking out loud.

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

In his first post he said he didn't live in the US.

That probably includes Florida as well.  B)

+++

All humor has its roots in reality.  I wonder if it would be feasible to find used speakers in the US and ship overseas?  I wouldn't think so, I'm just thinking out loud.

Everything gets shipped 

I have relatives living in the US so shipping is not the problem. Just wonder if i need an amp for the subwoofer? By the way what in-ceiling apeaker do you suggest for Atmos effect?

If i put a third LS in front i would have to have the TV shelf redesigned. Anyways thanks for the replies so far guys. 

If possible I would wall mount the TV above the LS. Have a custom in-wall rack for all your components or in a closet or room that you're not using. Then depending on how much room you have up front, I would do 4 subs up front, 2 on each side of the center La Scala.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

On 7/24/2017 at 1:10 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

There's a new line coming out in a few months you might be interested in, real wood veneer, would match your heritage stuff better, slightly better amp with a dsp that has room correction.  It's shown in part in the Asian CES booklet.  

The what? Come on spill the beans! New subs from Klipsch.

Sorry for the thread crap.