Home cinema with Heritage Line ?

Alex Ph

17 hours ago, Alex Ph said:

I have relatives living in the US so shipping is not the problem. 

Thats going to work in your favor no matter which direction you go. It opens up mamy more options. Some people are so clueless about having something shipped to them. Its mind boggling.  Good for you that you're not one of those people. You're going to end up with a great system. 

I had 4 La Scalas in my HT for a while.  The seats had to be moved to accommodate them, though, so finally I went with Heresies for the rears.  It sure sounded good!  If there is any way, the front 3 should be the same.  Three Cornwall IIIs is not a failure.  Nor is 5.  ;)  Two subwoofers is just a good beginning!  Don't think small!  Since the plan of your room is square and 14.9', look for some attractive bass traps.  You will have an impressive standing wave at 76 and 152 Hz. 

http://www.gikacoustics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/GIK-244-Bass-Trap-w-FlexRange-Technology-Datasheet.pdf

You can also build your own using thick rigid fiberglas, aka duct board and plans off the web. 

On 7/26/2017 at 7:00 AM, wstrickland1 said:

Thats going to work in your favor no matter which direction you go. It opens up mamy more options. Some people are so clueless about having something shipped to them. Its mind boggling.  Good for you that you're not one of those people. You're going to end up with a great system. 

I only purchase something when I understand the product to its full extent :D My new home will be completed in 6 months so I still have plenty of time to work out all the best options for my budget. Up until now the Klipsch Heritage seems to suit me most both with its furniture feel and widely recommended sound. 

On 7/26/2017 at 7:41 AM, John Albright said:

I had 4 La Scalas in my HT for a while.  The seats had to be moved to accommodate them, though, so finally I went with Heresies for the rears.  It sure sounded good!  If there is any way, the front 3 should be the same.  Three Cornwall IIIs is not a failure.  Nor is 5.  ;)  Two subwoofers is just a good beginning!  Don't think small!  Since the plan of your room is square and 14.9', look for some attractive bass traps.  You will have an impressive standing wave at 76 and 152 Hz. 

http://www.gikacoustics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/GIK-244-Bass-Trap-w-FlexRange-Technology-Datasheet.pdf

You can also build your own using thick rigid fiberglas, aka duct board and plans off the web. 

I haven't heard of bass trap so I need to do some research to understand it. I would love to have 3 LS or 5 but then their size might not be ideal . I'll have the interior designer look for a way to intergrade the center speakers into the shelf, otherwise i might even have to go with a RP-450C. 

Thanks for the replies guys !!

• 7 months later...

Picked up a pair of Capitol Heresy III’s for my 2-channel system, and with a Klipsch sub, I’m very happy with the sound matching nicely with my vintage Fisher 800-C. Now, I’m kicking around a crazy idea is to update the home theater system by replacing my Atlantic 350 THX 5.1 speakers with  5 Heresy III and a sub…..or, Cornwall III for L & R, Heresy III as a center, two 's Heresy's in the back for the surrounds and a sub.  Room size for the theater is 20 x 19  with digital projection (and 16mm in the booth )----La-Scala’s are out of the question (to the wife they are, sigh…) so has anyone tried either of these matches for a 5.1 set up?