WTB: Klipsch Quartets

jayu969

8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Hard to believe you couldn't possibly accommodate Fortes.....Let's be realistic, you're going to want them eventually.....Yes?

If you were talking about me selling mine, I would have liked to keep both, but no room. I live in a townhouse...  Plus they did need $300 of Crites work.  I decided to make the Chorus IIs new instead :)

I want to cry when I read about the deals some of you (seemingly mostly in the east and mid-west) get on Klipsch Heritage models. And they seem to pop up all the time! But here in northern Utah heritage stuff is few and far between.

I picked up a pair of Heresy's about a year ago for a decent price (not the $25 thrift store deals east coasters seem to routinely get) but I was lucky.

I've been watching for a pair of Fortes for months without luck. Craigslist is rarely used around here. The classified section on ksl.com is the way to buy and sell in Utah. I even posted a Wanted ad without any responses.

Maybe next time one of you guys happen to be driving the family to Disneyland you could drop off a pair of your "excess" thrift store Fortes at my place. ; )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I bought the walnut quartets. they are in excellent condition and sound great. I usually update the tweets and crossovers, but they don't need it. they are worth more to me than what I paid. I like to buy, but once they are mine, I never will sell them. so the spread sheet says 425. but to me, priceless.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gary p said:

truth be told, they did lose their spot to new forte 3s. California walnut OF Course. quartets are wrapped  in blankets in my tool room next to kg5.5s and rf3s. speaker purgatory. just waiting for the next life.

If you still have those Chorus II's it might be interesting to drag them out for a comparison with the new Fortes.