Dang you guys are GOOD!

28 minutes ago, Youthman said:

$800 - RF-83

$400 - RF-62 for back surrounds

$500 - RC-64

$600 - RS-62 for side surrounds

_______

$2300

Uh oh...getting close to your budget and we don't have a receiver or sub yet. 

Okay okay okay, lets take a deep breath here...you enablers! (I love it)

Mains: It looks like the RF-83s, as long as they are well working, should be a lock.  I will get them tomorrow at 4:00 lol

Center:  If we can find an RC-64 either around the new york city area OR the Albany, NY area that would be great (I am going up there this weekend)

Rears:  

Two problems:  The Sides: if you in the pictures theres lots of stuff in the way of the side rears.  If I make the sides RS-62s I really don't know where the heck they would go.  One could go where the gremlins art is hanging BUT the other side has a built in bookcase that ain't going anywhere.

The Back:  In the picture you can see 2 things: 1.  That the speakers are in wall and 2. the couch has to be flat up against the back wall.  I could put the back right in a corner but the back left would be a problem because the bathroom door is right there.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, supercooldude said:

Mains: It looks like the RF-83s, as long as they are well working, should be a lock.  I will get them tomorrow at 4:00 lol

That's awesome!  Were you able to get them for a little less or was the seller firm at his asking price?

14 minutes ago, supercooldude said:

Those must be the really inexpensive ones, right guys? ...right?

Yes, not to mention they are HUGE.  Here is @Scrappydue room with some DIY 18" subs.  I'm thinking he has a total of 8 of those DIY subs?  Can't remember.

14887434637_c3f9f19392_c.jpg

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

That's awesome!  Were you able to get them for a little less or was the seller firm at his asking price?

Yes, not to mention they are HUGE.  Here is @Scrappydue room with some DIY 18" subs.  I'm thinking he has a total of 8 of those DIY subs?  Can't remember.

14887434637_c3f9f19392_c.jpg

Yep 8 now. All the way to the ceiling. 

11 hours ago, Youthman said:

If the budget gets tight, I would work on your front soundstage and keep your surrounds for now. You can always easily add them down the road

Agree.  Build a strong L/C/R and you will be happy.  Then add a sub or two if you want, surrounds last IMO.  I have 5.2 in my living room but unless I am playing a BD movie I run 3.1 or 3.0.  I don't need a sub for TV watching.

I have a 15" DIY sub and it easily shakes the room even at moderate listening levels.

• Like 1