Hello everyone!

*ABOUT ME, SKIP DOWN FOR MY TOPIC* New to the forum, but I actually just got into Klipsch! My step dad has had the Quintet III for years now and he loves it and I admit it sounds damn good. Before I have what I have now, I owned the Polk Audio RM6750 surround system. It was a basic 5.1 channel with a small subwoofer. I used all of the surround speakers but never used the sub or the center channel. After hearing my step dad's set up, and with his Klipsch Sub10, I ended up building my own. It was during the time I loved building speakers, so I ordered the woofer off of eBay, bought a plate amp and port, and built it to the spec's of his. It turned out great! Also I custom built my center channel with speakers from HiVI, and crossover'd them. I had them all running through an older Yamaha 6.1 Receiver! Currently, this is what I have:

Current Setup

Klipsch R-15m --- Mains (2)

Klipsch R-14m --- Surrounds (2)

Custom HiVI --- Center

Polk Audio PSW505 --- Subwoofer

Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH --- Receiver

HISENSE 55h8c 4k --- Television

So overall, my setup is decent however there are some problems with it. I've been looking everywhere for a suitable replacement for the receiver and I've come up with nothing in my price range really. The guy is a beast what can I say! The sound is very clear, it pushes 140 watts at 8 ohms which is rare to find because everything now says "WOW 250 watts in every channel! *in fine print* at 6 ohms! So now reduce the power a lot to get the 8 Ohms. The THX certification is a nice feeling to have even though the speakers aren't, and just overall it's very easy to use. Problem being, I'm trying to get a little more modern. The Elite only has HDMI 1.3 I believe, which doesn't support 4K pass-through. My question being, what would be a good upgrade receiver wise to give me similar sound/plus having 4K pass-through? OR, I have been considering if I went with a power amplifier and a cheaper receiver to do the same thing while allowing me to get 4K pass-through. I have looked into Emotiva, Rotel, Parasound and so on and all of them are quite expensive of course for a 5 Channel amp. Is any of this worth it? Or should I continue just running all of my stuff to my TV then exporting through optical?

Thank you for reading, hope you have a good day!

- Josh

I had a similar issue lately. I ended up getting a new receiver that was 4k pass through with atmos/dts:x. Honestly tho, if you aren't worried about the sound upgrades and running your cables to the tv aren't that hard to move up to 4k, that would be the cheapest route. That was my plan until I found a killer deal on a denon I got over the weekend. Just make sure the tv has an optical out. Some new tv's don't have them