1990 la Scala pair. Estimate please.

Snocrazee

Bought a pair new when I was 22 years old. Laminate wood la Scala. I think I paid 1500 but what are they worth now. Type Al crossover in back. Not selling. Just wondering. I want my teenage boys to have these when they get older. Thanks for any suggestions or help. Should I upgrade the crossovers? Wished I could attach a picture. I still have brochure for these speakers too. 

Edited by Snocrazee

I suppose I should read forum first but any suggestions on crossover upgrade?  I'm moving currently so when I get settled I will look into upgrading crossover when I can actually see. Using cell phone now til I get laptops set up at new place. Appreciate the estimate. What is the big difference on newer la Scala?

47 minutes ago, Snocrazee said:

....... What is the big difference on newer la Scala?

About $5000 more for a pair :ph34r: 

But, you get brand spanking new speakers and even get to take them out of the boxes.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

You can buy new crossovers or kits from Crites. Or if your handy soldering, just buy capacitors and install yourself. Bob answers his phone and is a great guy to advise you.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/prices_-_new_crossovers.html

Nice looking La Scala and welcome!

Totally good at soldering. Thanks. I will call him. Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Different markets are also priced differently.  In the north such as NY where lascalas are plentiful I see the prices much lower than in the south like Ga. where they are harder to come by.  You may be surprised at what you can get as the prices have been going up, and those look really nice.

• Like 2