Epic CF-2 as center for CF-4s?

Lost240

So i have come across a great deal on a pair of CF-2s. Would it be worth it to use one as a center for my CF-4s? I currently have the matching KV-4. Ideally, I would like to place a CF-4 in the middle. If anyone out there has a single CF-4 version 1 they want to part with, let me know. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Lost240 said:

No one?

I think 3 CF4's across the front would be a truly slammin full range front stage. Looking at your set-up you would be putting the speaker on its side, right?  A CF2 could also be an interesting center channel as well, but might be something that needs to be tested out to see how it compares to the KV4.  I'm pretty sure the price will be right on the CF2's. they are pretty cheap these days, especially if you sell the other one. 

Actually I am going to be putting up an AT screen so the speaker can stand up behind the screen. I have found a pair of CF-4s but I really wouldn't need an extra laying around. Anyone want to split a pair up? They are version 3 unfortunately but I am sure it would make a great center,

I have a pair of CF3's and planned on getting a 3rd at some point for center duty, though I would be placing it on its side. it would be cool if you found someone to take the other CF4 if you decide to get them.

• 1 month later...

I currently use a version 2 CF-3 for center duty - which is an improvement in tonal balance with the CF-4 version 1 speakers.  It seems like the CF-4 version 1 speakers keep getting harder to find.  I would love to find another pair of Cherry CF-4 version 1's too - but they simply don't come available.  Be nice if Klipsch would make a limited production run on them.

35 minutes ago, sabeous said:

I currently use a version 2 CF-3 for center duty - which is an improvement in tonal balance with the CF-4 version 1 speakers.  It seems like the CF-4 version 1 speakers keep getting harder to find.  I would love to find another pair of Cherry CF-4 version 1's too - but they simply don't come available.  Be nice if Klipsch would make a limited production run on them.

Sounds great.  How about a pic of your Epic front stage. Is your center Epic upright or on its side.

20 minutes ago, sabeous said:

The rear surrounds with Atmos to match the front, these are CF-3's.

IMG_0363.JPG

That looks great and I'm sure it  sounds impressive too.  I also plan to put a CF3 between my pair one day. Definitely an impressive center channel for the price one can get it for.

Nice looking setup.  There's a guy on Ebay trying to sell a KV-4 in Snohomish right now, if you're looking for one of those.  He's a bit high on the price IMO, but it's for sale and close to you.

I have a pair of the CF-4's as well.  Currently have an old Infinity Video 1 center that doesn't do justice.  I've been watching for a KV-4 for a long time, but none come up in what I'm willing to pay.

How do you think the CF-3 compares to a KV-4?  How about dual CF-3's as centers?  My Yamaha DSP-A1 has dual center outputs and there's a pair of CF3 V2 or V3's locally that I could pick up.

• 7 months later...

I would like to hear your set up as a 5.1 HT set up...considering changing from KG's to the CF  Not sure if how these would sound with my Velodyne ULD's or if I would switch to the DDplus.  Any chance you could post a you-tube or sound clip?  Thank you Mick