Carver TFM-15CB Amp SOLD

vondy

Selling my Carver Model TFM-15CB Amp.

Bought this locally off a Klipsch member and after using it several months decided to go back to my HK 430.

Amp works but takes a while to warm up. When I first tried it the channels took a while to even make sound. The right meter sticks as well. I'm no expert but I assume it could use a refreshing. Once it gets going, sounds great.

Selling as is for $100 + shipping.

Thanks!

_MG_6267.jpg.9afb0196e3115fcb460bc875f4ecd5eb.jpg_MG_6273.jpg.eeffeeafaa7be7cb7b62d952d9d46e6f.jpg_MG_6272.jpg.d96f9373d825c85035a6ead45a643595.jpg

• Like 1

Seems like a high price for a amp that's not working properly. I've found 4 in 10 minutes with lights all working and no problems with them. Sorry I'm not trying to bust your sale. Just seems high for this amp that needs repairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

My guess would be the "speaker on" relays need changing.

I had an MX150 Receiver that needed them and eventually didn't come on at all. So I just used it through headphones or an external amp.

It needs a recapping.  I just had mine done.

4 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Seems like a high price for a amp that's not working properly. I've found 4 in 10 minutes with lights all working and no problems with them. Sorry I'm not trying to bust your sale. Just seems high for this amp that needs repairs

That would have been better served in a PM.  

• Like 1

O well. Life goes on. I'm used to being politically incorrect. Lol
I guess it's a bad thing to state the obvious about something
But your 100% right about this should have never been brought up about me stating my opinion that is based off of facts
He is selling a great amp and I hope he does sell it sooner then later and I tip my hat off to him for being honest about the condition of the amplifier , because most people would not have been so honest

• Like 2

4 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

O well. Life goes on. I'm used to being politically incorrect. Lol
I guess it's a bad thing to state the obvious about something
But your 100% right about this should have never been brought up about me stating my opinion that is based off of facts
He is selling a great amp and I hope he does sell it sooner then later and I tip my hat off to him for being honest about the condition of the amplifier , because most people would not have been so honest

4 hours ago, avguytx said:

If the seller is a troll and need called out, that's one thing. To sh!t on someone's for sale thread is another. Plenty of people ask for advice on price, he didn't. 

I'm not sure if it's me or you avguytx. But who cares. Everyone has the God-given right to their own opinion. And not everyone is going to agree with yours or mine it is what it is
I have no hard feelings about it
My father and my oldest son served in the air force so that we all can Express her feelings and thoughts I didn't take any offense to anything. if I lead anyone on to believe that it did I'm sorry.
So let's just help this gentleman and get this fine product sold. I've had many carver amps and preamps. I like them a lot.
I feel guilty for kidnapping his post and I apologize to him for it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it, or not. 

You shouldn't have said that.

Looks like the thread is back on track.  Good luck with your sale!