Klipschorns 70th Anniversary Edition

RLink

Close to purchasing a pair today and was hoping someone who owns them could confirm that they sound okay without a solid corner placement.   I don't have the most ideal corners but heard that because they are enclosed it helps compensate for that problem.......Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, USNRET said:

While mine are not the 70th I enclosed them the same way and it makes an impressive improvement. I have NO corners.

Mike, do you happen to have full instructions for enclosing them, or a link?  Photos of the process?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Jim, I used 1x2 oak screwed into the grill attachments and the tailboard mitering both ends to match the angles. I then mitered 3/4" plywood to match the angles required to fit the grills and tailboards. I screwed the 'backs' into the 2 oak boards. Snagged a photo off the www and drew in the 1x2s below

Khorn backs.JPG

Yes I do own a pair that I would consider selling, they've got probably less than 10 hours of playtime on them. They've been just sitting in my storage room for months now and I can say definitely having the closed backs helps with bass response tremendously. The whole reason I bought those instead of the regular K-horns is because one of the corners in my room has a pipe so I was not able to get it flush in the corner (had to be about a foot out) and they still have very impressive clean bass. 

There are many new pairs out there right now but it appears those who have them are selling for less to get them out of their warehouses.  $16K was way out there in my view.  Any thoughts on what I should pay for a brand new pair today?  Was thinking around $12K.

Thanks.

Edited by RLink