K402 question

NBPK402

I just ordered a k402, and was wondering if someone can tell me how they are packed... does it arrive on a pallet? Is the box a plain brown box or does it have Klipsch in big letters on it?

Tia,

Ron

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris,

No Crate? I am glad of that, but I was hoping the horn would not be in a marked box. Mine should be here in a couple of weeks. It looks like it is quite a bit smaller than the JBL 2360a was.

Once I get it I will have to decide if I am going to sell the drivers or not. I am thinking the EV drivers are a better driver, but we will see.

When mine arrived (full Jubilee setup) they were shipped on pallets.  The driver graciously took them apart inside the truck since I didn't have a fork lift.

I'd speculate they'd send them both wrapped on a single pallet.

DSCN2671.JPG

• Like 1

It's 15 lbs for the "new" K-402 horn (10 lbs lighter than the old version) and about 5 lbs for the base and adjustment mechanism. 

If you got the driver--that's 14 lbs. 

I would guess the box and packaging material is about 3-5 lbs, max.

Grand total: about 40 lbs.

Chris

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ellisr63 said:

Has anyone else compared the driver to a EV DH1A driver?

@ClaudeJ1

Didn't Roy test one of those for Claude??

Perhaps he'll clarify. Even if Roy did test one, I don't think it was for a 402.  I think it was for some other horn....maybe a bose horn!!  (you know how Claude loves that bose stuff)

:ph34r:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ellisr63 said:

Once I get it I will have to decide if I am going to sell the drivers or not. I am thinking the EV drivers are a better driver, but we will see.

Good question. I like the 691 drivers, since Roy chose them for a reason. Don't try to out engineer the engineer, but it can't hurt to compare if you have the ears and the measuring equipment.

On 7/29/2017 at 2:22 PM, Chris A said:

It's 15 lbs for the "new" K-402 horn (10 lbs lighter than the old version) and about 5 lbs for the base and adjustment mechanism. 

If you got the driver--that's 14 lbs. 

I would guess the box and packaging material is about 3-5 lbs, max.

Grand total: about 40 lbs.

Chris

New 402 ?   Other than less material are there any other differences ?

Not that I've measured acoustically or seen in terms of the internal horn profile.  It's simply 10 lbs lighter than the old one.  You can draw your own conclusions on what that means in terms of horn performance.

On 7/29/2017 at 1:25 PM, ellisr63 said:

Has anyone else compared the driver to a EV DH1A driver?

Yes I am using those.... also another forum member "Stavok" is also using them. It was a big improvement over the original.  I could not afford to re engineer the TAD (also a lot more money)  I have used them both with passive and active. I have the settings for the DX-38 if you need them.

7 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Not that I've measured acoustically or seen in terms of the internal horn profile.  It's simply 10 lbs lighter than the old one.  You can draw your own conclusions on what that means in terms of horn performance.

Being thinner lighter maybe more flexible...... I wonder if it would ring ....    I guess the price di not get any thinner.....:rolleyes: