Killer Deal on RSW-12

Fenderplayer

I got a killer deal on a used RSW-12 on Craigslist in Houston for $350.  Thanks Cesar.

It is in just about perfect condition and looks super clean with the exception of on very tiny unnoticeable ding that is partially hidden by the grill cover.  I will touch up the spot with a black marker at some point I guess.

I have wanted one to go with my RF-3II, RB-5, & RC3 setup since I bought them in 03-04.  It is replacing the RW-12 that has served me well.  I may hook both up and try it out for a while but I really don't feel I need 2 subs.  Have been pretty happy with one.  Room size is only about 14 x 17.

I put the SVS isolation feet on it to reduce the room rattles and vibration downstairs (got to keep the wife happy).

So far, so good.  I have watched the Eagles blu ray and the sound is great.  The San Andreas movie was awesome with the new sub.  Will experiment with placement tuning (facing a corner now) over the next couple weeks and likely put my old one on Craigslist for a couple hundred I guess.

• Like 1

Nice! I love the RSW line, fantastic subs with amazing detail. I'd keep both subs running myself and space them across the room from each other. I once had a pair of Klipsch Ultra 2 subs and an RSW-15 in a room about the same size as yours and it was just about perfect! :ph34r:

Not practical in my room layout to have 2 subs diagonally across from each other.  Could do 2 up front maybe, or 2 on the left side wall.  I'm really happy with the 1.  I don't listen a reference levels that often.  I think the power difference between my old one is significant.  I know the peak went from about 600 to almost 2400 I think.  That is quite the reserve.  I look forward to trying out some more music & movies.  Got to wait for the wife to run an errand so I can push the volume up for a bit.  I couldn't imagine a 15 cranked  up.  More than my taste....but the each their own.  I think there will some difference in tone between the ported RW-12 and the non-ported RSW-12.

00s0s_eUi0FU0wM4M_1200x900.jpg

00k0k_h7OtlYBELUU_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_5RbErjcZ7Kh_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

These pics were from the seller's place.  He did have some Chorus models I got to hear while demoing the sub.  He has a nice system setup and great sound.  Another Klipsch fan for sure.  He had done a great job of restoring the Chorus speakers and cleaning them up from the condition he got them.

I have my sub pointed diagonally into the corner instead of square to either wall.  No sure what difference it is acoustically with the sound waves.  The rear firing and front passive driver is certainly different than my last front ported and firing RW-12.  I think the bass sounds tighter with a little less bloom.  Will try to push it a little harder later this weekend.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Fenderplayer said:

I put the SVS isolation feet on it to reduce the room rattles and vibration downstairs (got to keep the wife happy).

Can you let me know how much the SVS iso feet helped? 

was is a huge difference in decoupling the bass to reduce rattles into the walls?

Also how did you attach the feet? screwed them in or just positioned them underneath on the four corners with no permanent attachment? 

Edited by SDDP

• 2 weeks later...