Rb-81 ii or rp-160m?

Might want to stick to one thread, buddy.

It seems you're going between the RB-81 II, the RP-160M, and the RF-82 II.  I've told you the benefits of the 82 II - some of this stuff you'll have to make an assessment in trial and error.  You won't hear the same thing as I do.  I won't hear the same thing as another member here, and so on and so forth.  

• Like 1

Okay I'll try to keep everything in one thread just didn't know if my questions would get answered if I ask a different question from what is in the title of the thread. I know I'm all over the place I just want to make the right decision since I'm spending a good amount of money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I absolutely understand your worry.  I felt the same way when I jumped ship from Yamaha to a brand I had never heard of up until that point.  But some of this stuff is really trial and error.  There are universal truths, but they are far and few in between.  Upgrading is a natural itch too, so don't be worried about that.

Ok thanks. I'm just going to get the 160's I really want the rf7 ii but I'm going to wait until I have more money and they come down in price when the 3's come out. Then I can use the 160's in the rear when I get my own place.

Do you think the r-115sw is too big for my room?

9 hours ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Okay I'll try to keep everything in one thread just didn't know if my questions would get answered if I ask a different question from what is in the title of the thread. I know I'm all over the place I just want to make the right decision since I'm spending a good amount of money.

Would you stop with the questions and just buy something.:o:P:D

Seriously questions are good but I think you may be making yourself(and us) sick:emotion-41: with so many.:rolleyes:  Your room is small and does not "need" tower speakers to fill it with great sound.  Many great suggestions have been offered and neither are the "best".  I think consensus is that a medium sized bookshelf speaker(RP-160M, RB-61, RB-61II, RB-5, etc.) will sound great with a well blended subwoofer/s.  Find something used or a great sale and get them and be happy with your purchase.  When time comes for you to move to a larger space, then move those bookshelf speakers to surround duty and get the tower speakers you desire.

59 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Ok thanks. I'm just going to get the 160's I really want the rf7 ii but I'm going to wait until I have more money and they come down in price when the 3's come out. Then I can use the 160's in the rear when I get my own place.

Sorry, I should have read this before my rant(advice):unsure:.  Great that you have made a decision and a good one at that.

59 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Do you think the r-115sw is too big for my room?

I do not.  If it will physically fit, then it is not too big.  Just dial it down a bit if it becomes a bit overwhelming.

Enjoy.:emotion-21:

Bill

• Like 2

Here's the bottom line, and kind of building on what Bill was saying, Tyler.

We could sit here all day going back and forth between good options.  There are multiple good options for just about anyone, and each of those options are going to have pros and cons.  Likewise, someone may recommend and swear by option A, while someone else suggests option B.  All the while, option C might be your best bet to your ears, but you may not go with it because someone isn't recommending it to you.  No one else has your ears, no one else knows your space better than you.

I've had instances of wanting to be sure that large purchases are good purchases.  Trust me it's natural. (Albeit, as one of the younger members on the forum, I'm sure I've had fewer experiences than others.)  You can research so much, but at the end of the day nothing is going to beat going out and listening to the product, and in the used market that might mean taking a deep breath and saying carpe diem.

I had to do just that with gear (not speakers either) in 2014, and was happy when I realized I made the right choice.  I think everyone goes through this at least once, and you chalk it up as a learning experience.

Good luck on the 160s.

Yeah I get what your saying. I demoed the r-28f today at best buy and they weren't terrible but not great either. I mainly demoed them to see how towers sound by themselves. They had the dark knight playing and they were definitely lacking in the low end. Kind of made me feel better about my decision because there's no way I would feel satisfied without a sub.

To be fair, the R-28F's are not in any way indicative of the Klipsch sound.  The Icon line is just the line to get Klipsch's name out there into big box stores.  The 82's and 280F's (and any of the previous 8" driver towers) would dominate the R-28F's any day of the week.  Don't be fooled by the "Reference" branding - they're rebranded Icons.

It's too bad too, the Synergy line used to be somewhat decent, the first two generations worth.  I didn't have a problem with them being called that simply because they were clearly not Klipsch's"Reference", but that's not the case anymore. It confuses the hell out of people not familiar with Klipsch and that pisses me off. I think PWK would agree.

Sorry guys I'm trying real hard not to ask you anymore questions but I'm having issues finding a receiver putting out 100 Watts+ at 8 ohms. They're all rating at 6 ohms to inflate their output ratings. 185 wpc get the hell out of here. Trying to stay around $300 for the receiver

2 hours ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Trying to stay around $300 for the receiver

Tall order if you want new.  Older with most bell's and whistles maybe at that price.

This is the most powerful AVR I could find for a bit over your price.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/intdtr503/integra-dtr-50.3-7.2-ch-x-135-watts-thx-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

Bill

4 hours ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Sorry guys I'm trying real hard not to ask you anymore questions but I'm having issues finding a receiver putting out 100 Watts+ at 8 ohms. They're all rating at 6 ohms to inflate their output ratings. 185 wpc get the hell out of here. Trying to stay around $300 for the receiver

Newbie mistake - but don't feel bad.

Do not get hung up on power ratings.  Your speakers are going to be extremely efficient, and most are not going to put out what they say all channels driven.  It's rare to find an AVR that's actually rated 100 WPC all channels that does that.  Clean power over quantity of power is what you want.

I echo Bill's suggestion of the Integra.  A4L is a standup company that I've done much business with, and have not yet encountered an Integra model I haven't liked.

If you're running the RP-160M and get the R-115sw I don't think you'll "need" 100wpc.   Even a 50 watt amp with those bookshelf's and a 400 watt sub is easily loud enough for a medium sized living room.  The Marantz PM-6006 is a fantastic choice for a stereo amplifier that can be bought for under $500 new.  There are other good ones too.

I think the Klipsch Powergate Max amplifier is supposed to be released in the next 3-4 months, but I suppose that's a moot point if you're looking now. (I think it's supposed to be more like $1k anyway)

22 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

I see that this receiver is from 2011 will I be missing out on any important features?

What features are you wanting?

ETA: I just installed one of these earlier this year for someone, and he is in love with it.