Technics pro su 9070 preamp and se 9060 amplifier

xo705cf

Meanwhile have you researched the models online. Bet you will find specs, used value, and maybe some reviews. If you need help with that, just ask me. Technics are maybe best known for their record player turntables. No telling what you would be getting. Do you have an opinion? There is a PM or private message function on this forum if you want to use.

Welcome to the forum!:)

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

Meanwhile have you researched the models online. Bet you will find specs, used value, and maybe some reviews. If you need help with that, just ask me. Technics are maybe best known for their record player turntables. No telling what you would be getting. Do you have an opinion? There is a PM or private message function on this forum if you want to use.

Welcome to the forum!:)

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649077052-technics_professional_flat_series_pre_su9070_and_more/

Image result for technics pro su 9070 preamp

A search of e-bay yielded some results and pricing. According to date of vintage equipment, they may well not have been restored so, condition ,age and the ability to check them out good by listening before you buy always a good thing. Prices on e-bay not always reflective of true worth. Anything else just ask the forum. Research is good.

Thanks!

Do you have Klipsch speakers?

Hey Billy and all others sorry for my poor introduction or lack thereof, yes I do have Klipsch speakers had kg 4.2 for 20 + years, then last year upgraded to rp280fs and a rp-250c and then gave my dad their kgs to use.... currently using a Denon to drive everything wasn't necessarily looking for the amps but they look like their beast and thought I would ask about him since I fell on them...  the guy was using them to drive some RTR 600 s....  anyway been looking on here for some time now this is the first time I posted though thanks for the response and welcoming me to The Forum...

• Like 1

Never heard of them! Lol.

Technics made some very respectable stuff over the years.

Their "Flat Series" was definitely among them.

Tons of info on the interweb. VintageTechnics.somethingoranother used to have a very comprehensive collection.

Like all vintage gear, a complete capacitor refresh will be an eventuality. Lights burn out. Pots and switches need de-oxit.

For a song and 300 bucks a unit to refresh you will have some solid gear.

Some of the specs on this analogue stuff is hard to beat.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, xo705cf said:

Hey Billy and all others sorry for my poor introduction or lack thereof, yes I do have Klipsch speakers had kg 4.2 for 20 + years, then last year upgraded to rp280fs and a rp-250c and then gave my dad their kgs to use.... currently using a Denon to drive everything wasn't necessarily looking for the amps but they look like their beast and thought I would ask about him since I fell on them...  the guy was using them to drive some RTR 600 s....  anyway been looking on here for some time now this is the first time I posted though thanks for the response and welcoming me to The Forum...

Still hearing good things about the KG line Have owned 3 pair but not the 4.2's. Bet your dad will like them. Been hearing about the desireable RP line too. Nice setup. Some Technics gear fans here over the years that may chime in eventually. It is all good!

Yeah they've been great but I have to admit RP or pretty awesome.... I'm running some tannoy mercury m1s for rear surrounds that believe it or not I got for $6 a Goodwill, couldn't pass up taking a chance on and they work flawlessly however in the future i plan to upgrade to RP 240s or RP 160s for the Rears... it did take some time for me to get used to the switch from the kgs to the rps though...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, xo705cf said:

Yeah they've been great but I have to admit RP or pretty awesome.... I'm running some tannoy mercury m1s for rear surrounds that believe it or not I got for $6 a Goodwill, couldn't pass up taking a chance on and they work flawlessly however in the future i plan to upgrade to RP 240s or RP 160s for the Rears... it did take some time for me to get used to the switch from the kgs to the rps though...

Got a deal or two myself from them. Terrifice deal you got. Sounds like a plan and let us know if you get the Technics, if you want to...:)

On 2017-07-31 at 1:42 AM, geoff. said:

Never heard of them! Lol.

Technics made some very respectable stuff over the years.

Their "Flat Series" was definitely among them.

Tons of info on the interweb. VintageTechnics.somethingoranother used to have a very comprehensive collection.

Like all vintage gear, a complete capacitor refresh will be an eventuality. Lights burn out. Pots and switches need de-oxit.

For a song and 300 bucks a unit to refresh you will have some solid gear.

Some of the specs on this analogue stuff is hard to beat.

IMG_1421.JPG

I had the cassette deck on the bottom of the pic when I was a teenager 34 years ago. It's an RS M85 MKII. It retailed for about $800 at the time.Techinics products from this series and era are amazing. They had excellent build and sound quality. Their amps generally sounded smoother and warmer than Sansui gear. 

• Like 1