Richard C Heyser - Time Delay Spectrometry

I have just discovered this when I went to the AES website.... ' and wanted to post it in the technical section of the forum also.

Time Delay Spectrometry: An Anthology

An anthology of the works of Richard C. Heyser on measurement, analysis and perception

On the advice of the Technical Council, the AES has decided to make this anthology available on an Open Access basis, in order to disseminate the work of Richard Heyser as widely as possible.

I consider Heyser one of the greatest minds to have worked in audio reproduction and having talked with Jim Hunter I know PWK held him in very high regard.

So I have decided to post it here for easy access download on the forum for those interested. 

I know many want read the technical articles but I encourage everyone ( all you subjectivist and objectivist and the inbetweeners :D) to read all the articles that he originally wrote for Audio Magazine and reprinted here.

For those who have or are familiar with his review of the Klipschorn note how he correlated measurements with the listening experience in that review as an example.

miketn

AES_TimeDelaySpectrometry.pdf

• Like 2

Important background about Heyser and his work presented at a AES Chicago Section Meeting, Doug Jones - Richard Heyser: 28 Years later.

If you have any desire at all to have a better understanding of subjective and objective observations this just might open your mind some :)Many consider Heyser a "Giant" in audio and here is a video of a presentation about the man and his work.