The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Traveler

Amsterdam Creep Cam

Will check the different locations. Your wife saw something creepy? Or is it creepy to her to watch cctv shots?

Thanks!

Just looks like a busy intersection.  I like the road construction though.

Maybe there is a red light district cam. Will check when the sun goes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billybob said:

or who goes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Will check the different locations. Your wife saw something creepy? Or is it creepy to her to watch cctv shots?

Thanks!

I discovered it weekend before last and was 1) amazed at the picture quality and 2) spent WAY too much time people watching and kept reporting back what I was seeing. 

I've been in that square many times and never thought for once about "big brother" watching me. :o That said, it actually is an excellent place to people watch whether in person or a 4K video feed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Actually, when the sun goes down (or in the middle of the day) the people who are going to the right of the Euro Café are going towards that direction and would hit it in right at 5 to 10 minutes walking....:ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Just looks like a busy intersection.  I like the road construction though.

The Palace is directly on but you can't really see the statues at the top which are pretty cool. To the right of it is the 'New' Church. The area is called the Damrak which leads from Centraal Station (to the right about 10 to 15 min walking distance) and to the left make your way to the various museums.  It's a heavily trammed city and the first thing you notice is how many bicycles there are. I have pics of a 3 story garage next to the train station that would blow your mind.

It really is an awesome city to explore on foot with tremendous architecture and ambience. 

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I discovered it weekend before last and was 1) amazed at the picture quality and 2) spent WAY too much time people watching and kept reporting back what I was seeing. 

I've been in that square many times and never thought for once about "big brother" watching me. :o That said, it actually is an excellent place to people watch whether in person or a 4K video feed. 

Even Amsterdam may have a hit and run or other crime committed there. Nice to have the definition in case a zoom enlargement is ever needed. Fortunately for me, I have Netflix and am able to travel from my not so easy chair. Looks lovely!

Watched some cctv footage on a show, forgot the name, of all these people in London and other large cities where the culprits and handbag thieves acted like they did not know what a cctv camera is, although there are cameras right in the open. Strange behaviors!

Crime aside, people watching is fun.

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

or who goes

Bet hoodies are popular there...:)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, billybob said:

Crime aside, people watching is fun.

One of the things I enjoy seeing is when a person is in the courtyard looking around marveling at the experience of being there.

27 minutes ago, billybob said:

Even Amsterdam may have a hit and run or other crime committed there.

It's also interesting seeing the folks who may also be into picking pockets when the street performers are doing there thing in front of the palace. I also have seen some strange things going on at that Euro Café. It's a 7 hour difference from CST but even at midnight over there the video is good. There are other webcams I've found but nowhere near as much lowlight definition. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

but even at midnight over there the video is good. There are other webcams I've found but nowhere near as much lowlight definition

Was thinking that may be the case in the darkness. Real fine tech. Will do some looking. Bet official are. Thanks!

• Like 1

That 4K is as though you are there in person.

Around the city at exit ramps here in Indy are shown on the news daily and clear as mud, not really sure why they bother.

Today looked like an overcast day in Amsterdam so I thought I would jet on over to the Berner Oberland Region of Switzerland: https://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/live/webcams/#webcam-jungfraujoch-top-of-europe It's pretty dreary weather there today as well, but what is cool is that Jungfraujoch is the highest situated camera where there are clouds at 4100 meters and you can barely see, but if you scroll down to the lower cameras you can see the clouds at the top, but a clear picture at the various spots lower. Btw, it's not a video but a few minute old 360 panorama that on a clear day is spectacular--Again, almost like being there. ;) 

I did a screen capture there the other day of a rainbow: 

Screenshot (3).png

• Like 2

It looks like they are setting up for a big event in Amsterdam and even with some cloud cover today the Swiss webcams look great! :emotion-44: