Which one of you did this

Woofers and Tweeters

Who can shed some light on these?  Forum expert @djk has experience with KP-201s.

Was there a 2-way KP-201? It's difficult to tell from the photos, but that motorboard does not appear to contain a typical KP-201 squawker and tweeter.  What is that Klipsch logo'd horn on top, and what is the driver?  

I made an offer last evening.  The seller has 48 hours to accept or make a counter-offer.  My offer is driven by my curiosity.  If accepted, we'll see.  If rejected or outbid, I won't lose sleep.

I especially like the large sheet metal screws attaching the screen.  Obviously, these last saw duty in a daycare center. 

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

6 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I made an offer last evening.  The seller has 48 hours to accept or make a counter-offer.  My offer is driven by my curiosity.  If accepted, we'll see.  If rejected or outbid, I won't lose sleep.

Curiosity?  That's a bit different coming from someone I think of as Mr. Rationality.  B)

What is your angle, or thinking on these?  I don't see you putting them into service, Duratex notwithstanding.  Sell off the components and make back your investment?

I hope you win your bid.  In my curiosity I'd like to know what those giant compression drivers are.

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

In my curiosity I'd like to know what those giant compression drivers are.

Me too.  The speakers could be immediately pressed into service in my garage.  As they are now, they would class up the joint.

A little help from @Chief bonehead, @djk, or others with information about the malignant horns and drivers that have sprouted on top of the Smurf boxes, would be appreciated.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, bhendrix said:

It appears to me that you have a pair of kp-101's (8" woofer with a k-76 tweeter) in blue-painted cabinets with a k-53 driver on a k-701 horn sitting on top with a metal grill from a kp-201.

Thanks for the input. I believe you're correct.  The photos of the terminal cups are fuzzy.  Perhaps they indicate KP-101, rather than KP-201.

In what product, or products, was the k-53 and/or k-701 used?

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Thanks for the input. I believe you're correct.  The photos of the terminal cups are fuzzy.  Perhaps they indicate KP-101, rather than KP-201.

In what product, or products, was the k-53 and/or k-701 used?

Looks like 201 to me, but it's hard to see on this phone 

We'll know soon what this was all about, as my offer was accepted.  It appears to me that @bhendrix is correct.  If so, my modest investment seems safe. 

Depending upon what arrives, I may use these in my garage or make new 3/4 Baltic birch plywood cabinets for my younger son to use in conjunction with a TH sub.  The squawker driver seems larger than I suspect it really is.  I'll post photos of the Frankenheresies when they arrive, as well as after any transformation.

Psychologically, this was a relatively painless purchase since @The History Kid's payment for a Technics turntable was languishing in my PayPal account.  Just don't tell SWMBO that there's been no net reduction of audio stuff.  Actually, these two Smurf coffins take up more space than a single TT.

This might be a good opportunity to try @ClaudeJ1's "Super Hereseys."

• Like 4