Vintage Klipschorns - 1960

Steve_Alaniz

Hello everyone,

A few years ago while working for an estate sale company, I picked up a pair of rare 1960s Klipschorns from the original buyer and am looking to sell them. The serial#s are 1671-1672 on the cabinets and 1832 & 1681 on the horns. According to Klipsch personnel, these serial #s were made between 1948-1961 back when their serial numbers consisted only of 4 digits and were manufactured under the moniker, Klipsch & Associates. These are in excellent condition and sound absolutely amazing. Serious inquires / buyers please contact me via email at gaiason@gmail.com

Thank you,

Steve 

IMG_2416.JPG

IMG_2417.JPG

IMG_2408.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

54 minutes ago, Steve_Alaniz said:

I picked up a pair of rare 1950s K-horns from the original buyer and am looking to sell them. The serial#s are 1671-1672 on the cabinets and 1832 & 1681 on the horns.

Hi Steve, Maybe you missed this but on one of the pictures you posted the date on one of the wood horns Feb 1,1960. 

Do you have a location and price for the Khorns?

GLWYS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mungkiman said:

The K-5-J with the lower serial number shows a manufacture date of Feb 1 1960.

Nice find.

Thank you, the date has been corrected in the original post. I'm taking my best guess as to what I think these are worth, if you have additional information as to their value and collectibility, I'm all ears. Thanks again.