WTB or WTT for Klipsch Bookshelf for Office

Youthman

4 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Out of curiosity, tomorrow I'm going to take my daughter's RB-5's to work to see how they sound. 

I think your problem is once you get used to the good stuff, it's hard to settle for less.

I'm having the same problem with the RF-83's I picked up in your neck of the woods.  They sound good, but they ain't Khorns!  

2 hours ago, Youthman said:

One thing I am wondering is if the RB 61 will sound as good in my office as it did in my living room being powered by that sweet Acurus A200 (200 x 2) amp that I bought from you

What are you using in your office?  If you are looking to change, I have something in mind.

Bill

• Moderators
1 hour ago, willland said:

What are you using in your office?  If you are looking to change, I have something in mind.

@willland, I'm assuming you didn't see the photo in my original post.  I was using KG 3.2 but have sold them.  Have a pair of Academy speakers currently on the bookshelf (different location behind me).  What do you have in mind?

Well, I took my daughter's RB-5 to my office at the church and moved my Denon receiver underneath my desk and placed the RB-5 on my desk.  Needless to say, they were not very impressive.  Bass sounded muddy, not much "presence".  Everyone has always raved over the RB-5's and although they are descent, they have never really impressed me.  IMO, the RB-61 are a much better sounding speaker.

klipsch-rb-5-speakers-1.jpg

klipsch-rb-5-speakers-2.jpg

I listened to a variety of music (including @MetropolisLakeOutfitters recommendation of TS "Most Girls") and anything with bass sounded blah.  I even tried pulling them away from the wall several inches thinking they needed room to breath since they are rear ported.  I just think these aren't what I'm looking for.  The search continues.

klipsch-rb-5-speakers-3.jpg

8 hours ago, Youthman said:

moved my Denon receiver underneath my desk

I meant what are you driving the speakers with by my question.  I should have been more specific.  You answered my question by accident.:P

Is it a Denon AVR or stereo receiver?

Bill

Youth you need to try a pair of a/d/s L300's you will be amazed at the sound that comes out of them.  Before a/d/s was bought out by DEI they had been making some of the best mini speakers since the 70's.  I have two pair in my daughters HT for rears and surrounds they are an incredible little speaker.  There are always some on eBay.  I try and get them on the cheap like $100 or so for the pair.  They sold for $500/pr new.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Youthman said:

Thanks Mustangerfourlife.  Unfortunately no shipping and Miami is 3.5hrs away. 

Man I wish I would have seen these yesterday.:angry2:  My friend/neighbor/boss was in Miami on Friday and Jupiter on Saturday and I could have asked him to pick these up for you.

Bill

• Moderators

I've been talking to this seller in Montgomery, AL for a few weeks now.   I just sent him an offer of $225 shipped.  He said he could do $290 shipped but I'm trying to stay close to $200.  He's had them listed for 2 months and they haven't sold.  If it doesn't work out, there will be a set down the road that comes along.  Several years ago, I bought a pair of RB-61 for $120.  Had them for awhile but didn't really have a need for them at the time so I sold them.  Wishing I would have kept them now.  LOL

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

I've owned the larger RB-35's but have not heard the RB-25's.  They likely would make great computer speakers.  I've always felt just about any Klipsch speaker for $100 is worth it.

I'm using KSB1.1s right now, so I think this would be a nice upgrade and the price isn't too bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pat_in_dfw said:

How do the RB-25's compare?  I found a pair in the Dallas area for $110 - would this be worth picking up to use as my computer speakers?

Absolutely.  A 6.5" woofer but with a little smaller cabinet than the 61's.  

Bill