WTB or WTT for Klipsch Bookshelf for Office

Youthman

• Moderators

I'm currently using a pair of KG 3.2 in my office and would like to move to a pair of RB-61ii, RB-61 or RB-75.  I'm kicking myself for selling my pair. 

I'm not sure what it is about the RB-61 and RB-61ii but I actually prefer it over the larger RB-35 and RB-81ii. 

I would be willing to trade my black Klipsch Academy for a pair of RB-61 or RB-61ii. 

Klipsch-KG-3.2-1.jpg

• Moderators
4 hours ago, willland said:

I know these are not Klipsch but I also know how fond  you are of B&W.

Thanks Bill, I've owned several B&W speakers over the years.  Unfortunately, the DM bookshelf speakers that I had didn't have a lot of bottom end.  The RB-61's have a very good amount of bottom end for a bookshelf speaker.  I think they would be perfect for my office.

7 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

New ones are still available on amazon for a decent price.

Goal here is to have little to nothing out of pocket.  Just gotta be patient (I tend to be good at that).  :D

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can see why you would go for the 2-way bookshelves.  The large 3-way would have a tough time as a nearfield speaker.

Do you have any RS-62's laying around?  I know nearfield mains is not their purpose but for some reason I think they would have a nice all-around sound as L/R in a nearfield setup.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The large 3-way would have a tough time as a nearfield speaker.

The KG 3.2 are actually a 2-way design as well. 

The two-way KG Series KG 3.2 floorstanding loudspeaker was first introduced in 1992 and manufactured by Klipsch until 1994.

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Do you have any RS-62's laying around?

No, I sold my RS-62's when I bought the RS-62ii.

10 minutes ago, Youthman said:

I don't think they would have the bottom end I'm looking for.  There's something special about the RB-61.  It has a surprisingly amount of bass for a smallish bookshelf speaker.

Audyssey crossed my newly acquired RS-62's at 60 Hz which surprised me they crossed that low.

I have a small TV in the Mancave with some nice DIYSoundgroup.com Fusion 10's and a Paradigm 10" sub.  I have this irrational idea the RS-62's would make a nice pleasant sound for use with a nearfield TV setup.  I'm fascinated with the design.

I found this pic with a Google search.  It looks like one of your pics.  :lol:

Klipsch-RS-62-II-7.jpg

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I have a small TV in the Mancave with some nice DIYSoundgroup.com Fusion 10's and a Paradigm 10" sub.  I have this irrational idea the RS-62's would make a nice pleasant sound for use with a nearfield TV setup.  I'm fascinated with the design.

They just might.  Not sure how they would sound as near field.

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I found this pic with a Google search.  It looks like one of your pics.  :lol:

Of course that's my pic.  You know I own Google Klipsch Images right?  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Youthman if you can't find your RB-61 II is there an MTM center channel you might use?  I don't have a model in mind, but since you are laying the bookshelf speakers on its side anyway maybe an MTM designed for horizontal use might be an option.

If you need more bottom end, maybe pick up a small sub?

On 9/16/2017 at 8:45 PM, Youthman said:

Anyone know if Fry's ever has deals on RB-61ii's?   If so, what do they typically go for?

Yes Fry's has had RB61 II on promo code in the past. I know because I picked up my pair for $199 shipped. That was a few months back though. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, RX8 said:

Yes Fry's has had RB61 II on promo code in the past. I know because I picked up my pair for $199 shipped. That was a few months back though. 

I'll give you $200 for yours.  :D  I'm wondering if they clearanced them all out or if they will have another deal like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thanks Bill I have the RB 35 and they sounded OK I’m not sure I want to go smaller than what they were.  One thing I am wondering is if the RB 61 will sound as good in my office as it did in my living room being powered by that sweet Acurus A200 (200 x 2) amp that I bought from you