Rear speaker placement *manically laughs*

supercooldude

Well any AVR can do this job that has 7.1 channels.  To start a conversation about making a change requires that you tell us why....just to see what might be better, to improve something, to avoid something, to seek out a particular benefit?  That would help with recommendations.  If you are just saying hey what's out there and what do people recommend, there are actually some recent dedicated threads to that specific topic already out there.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Well any AVR can do this job that has 7.1 channels.  To start a conversation about making a change requires that you tell us why....just to see what might be better, to improve something, to avoid something, to seek out a particular benefit?  That would help with recommendations.  If you are just saying hey what's out there and what do people recommend, there are actually some recent dedicated threads to that specific topic already out there.  

I just wanted to know if what I have is good enough tbh.  

On 8/4/2017 at 1:01 PM, Youthman said:

Glad to help.

If you are not dead set on having RS-62, the RS-52 or RP-250s will work just fine.  Although I have not heard any of the Reference Premiere Speakers, they seem to be well received by those that have purchased them. 

I have no experience with inwalls.  Unfortunately, your room and mine are setup with seating against the back wall (in my room it's the 2nd row).  If at all possible, I would encourage you to move the seating foward to directly beside your side surrounds or no more than 10 degrees in front of them.

This diagram should help

509tweak.dolby7.jpg

These angles!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

By angles i mean the diagram showing how to layout the speaker positions.  Angling them towards the position is not critical with the bipolars but where to place them is so guesstimate based on your room and layout and the 7.1 diagram

I did this, the rears are angled towards the sweet spot but I am hoping they will sound just as good flat to the wall, otherwise they are going to be a pain to mount.

I looked up speaker brackets on amazon but they all say max weight is 10lbs....these are 15 at least.

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

They are completely and totally awesome on the wall.

Klipsch knows their sxxx and builds the best surrounds Ive heard.  This version is sealed and that means no ports.

There is a keyhole mount on the back.  This allows them to hang off a proper mount.  Theres many versions but I used a snap toggle.  3/8" size they are rated for 200lbs+.  Mine have never come off and have been bumped plenty.  Installation requires a 1/4" drill bit and hole then you slide the snap toggle in, snap it off and screw it in.  5 min max per hole really about 2min.  Amazon.com. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Ok I admit I overlooked that you got the real surrounds and dumped the cutouts!  How do they sound so far?  Onwall will increase bass and midbass.  ☺

They sound fantastic!  A huge upgrade.  More importantly has been your advice to move the couch and change the placement of the rears!!

Soooo...I can put those rears flat on the wall?  I will have to give them a sound test first obviously.

37 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:

They are completely and totally awesome on the wall.

Klipsch knows their sxxx and builds the best surrounds Ive heard.  This version is sealed and that means no ports.

There is a keyhole mount on the back.  This allows them to hang off a proper mount.  Theres many versions but I used a snap toggle.  3/8" size they are rated for 200lbs+.  Mine have never come off and have been bumped plenty.  Installation requires a 1/4" drill bit and hole then you slide the snap toggle in, snap it off and screw it in.  5 min max per hole really about 2min.  Amazon.com. 

No problem, I can handle that...

At less than reference volume some sound is a bit skewed.  Audyssey, found on some receivers has a dynamic eq that boosts not just bass at lower volumes but the surrounds too.  This deq feature is not unique to just Audyssey.  I find it makes a big diff personally and love it fyi.  

If your avr does not have this you may want to boost your surrounds a db or 2 to compensate. I'm curious how the surround sweep sounds now?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

At less than reference volume some sound is a bit skewed.  Audyssey, found on some receivers has a dynamic eq that boosts not just bass at lower volumes but the surrounds too.  This deq feature is not unique to just Audyssey.  I find it makes a big diff personally and love it fyi.  

uhhhhhh...huh?

10 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

If your avr does not have this you may want to boost your surrounds a db or 2 to compensate I'm curious how the surround sweep sounds now?

Well we watched guardians of the galaxy vol 2 last night.  Loved loved a lot of the effects all around us.  The fireworks at the end especially.  Also the last 2/3 chapters of Unbreakable sounded fantastic, especially when he is flashing into the other peoples lives.

I really wish I had a specific (very specific) sound sweep scene to listen to.  Should I get Twister?

I have found the transformer movies to have great surround.  twister excellent still gravity is the ultimate test.  top gun has many goodflybys

part of dynamic eq boosts the surrounds at lower volumes.  since u rarily listen that loud i was suggesting bumping up the surrounds a db or 2 and seeing if it sounds bette

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yes, no need to toe in the surrounds.  They are meant to be mounted flush on the wall. They are designed to disperse the sound by nature.  You aren't trying to "aim" them towards your listening position like you do with your mains.

• Like 1