FS: La Scala's and Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2

thisgsx

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, thisgsx said:

If it doesn't sell I'll just keep them. Why trash my thread. If you have nothing to add leave it alone. You guys are harsh!

Sorry if my comment came across as trash threading, as it certainly was not my intent.  I feel $1000 is a good deal for LaScalas and was merely encouraging anyone that is local they should consider these.  Regardless, best wishes with your sale.  I added a smile and a winky face to my original post to clarify the emotion behind my comment.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, thisgsx said:

If it doesn't sell I'll just keep them. Why trash my thread. If you have nothing to add leave it alone. You guys are harsh!

I was merely expressing that it hurts to see good gear go at prices like that.  And half because you're no where near me.  Nothing harsh about it.

Seems like everyone is uptight around here anymore.  GLWS anyway, OP...

• Like 3

I paid $1000 for my La Scala's & I think I got a good deal. Guy was asking $1100, which I would have gladly paid, but offered $1000 & he said "Ok". I'm in So. Cal close to OP & see them on Craigslist in this range all the time. I believe the main problem with selling any La Scala's, Klipschcorn's, etc is their weight. Not practical to ship them. And So Cal being a populated area should help the sale. I'd buy 'em if I was still looking...   GLWTS   

• Like 2

Here they are. They're all original. The "white" marks you see on the side of the cabinets were due to my own fault. When I bought these from it's owner years back I transported it using a ton of bubble wrap and tape. Those "white" marks were from the tape. It took off the stain when I peeled the tape off. There's also a few chips here and there, but overall, it is in very good condition. It was powered by the Emotiva XPA-5 amp and a Marantz sr-6011 receiver. Please text me for faster response. The stain used were by Varathane in Honey Maple. If you have any questions please text me at 951-956-9538.1659d06cfe60bb68766a02f18226df6b.jpg686a47997b39e2b4b83010eb6723eb27.jpgf6c3c0f9f3ae67aac8e657c229da33f3.jpg8b23a641beb50a20dd0f3050e4c4bd9d.jpg3f9edf884a8d74dc61ebb62c9c8dc037.jpgf4ecb41d50cbb978b2339f3f641ed9ba.jpgf5d596652e92a83cc749ba691ea6a73c.jpg692317149bc47e4a483f880dd65e14f6.jpg7748feff4f6f0cf211767212fde74b6b.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Here is the Emotiva. Works perfectly, never had an issue with it. It still has the plastic saran wrap on the face of the led panel which was never removed. I believe I still have the original box for the amp as well. Again if you guys have any questions please feel free to text me at 951-956-9538. Thanks! c0e19fd2313d6c80ee0c03d01b198113.jpg

@thisgsx I also have a Marantz 6011 and was considering an external amp for use with Khorns.  I am very interested in your opinion in how the 6011/Emotiva worked with your LS's.

I don't want to side rail your for sale thread.  If you don't want to discuss your opinion on this thread, would you mind sending me a PM on the 6011/XPA 5 combo?  Thanks!  -Dave

And GLWYS.  Good stuff, priced right.  You should be able to move those items in short order.

• Like 1

No worries. Honestly, I've never ran the LS's with just the Marantz. The Marantz replaced an Onkyo HT-RC270 which was powering the LS's and then the amp was added. I can tell you that when I was ab'ing the Onkyo and the Emotiva, the Emo gave the LS's a warmer sound which I loved. The Emo will give you tons of headroom given the high sensitivity of Klipsch. As of now, all I can tell you is that I have tons of headroom. The sound stage is wide, deep and huge. If you want, I can do a comparison with and without the Emo this weekend to give you an idea. Sorry I can't be of more help.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, thisgsx said:

If you want, I can do a comparison with and without the Emo this weekend to give you an idea. Sorry I can't be of more help.

You have been plenty of help, thanks.

Don't go to any extra bother for me, but I have to admit being curious.  The reason why is the Marantz already puts out more SPL than my ears can take, and by the Eco power meter even at high listening levels with power saving OFF I am still not tapping even 50% of the power available. 

I am all about dynamic headroom, but without actually A/B'ing stock and external amp it's hard to imagine what the difference would be.

• Like 2