Heritage speaker terminals...

Endo

Newbie question, --this is going to be obvious to a lot of people, but I have never come across anything that explains it.

What are the curious little threaded posts that sit just above the terminal screw heads on a v.1 Heritage Klipsch? Obviously, anything connected to these taps into the signal--but what is the intended purpose? Seems like whatever it is, later banana-style terminals must have made it unnecessary--(?).

terminal-posts.jpg

Internal wires connected to crossover are connected inside, these are the ends of those screws. The metal straps connect the external input wire to internal wiring. That's my Holiday Inn express vote; I wondered as well when I got my first Heresy.

• Like 3

^ USNRET, thank you. They are certainly curious little posts. They look so deliberate. And then there are the four, surrounding holes, and the raised fins (to isolate the lines?)... ?... These little terminal assemblies have a lot going on.

Its nice to know you can take these speakers apart and put them back together again. So much stuff is made anymore that has to be discarded when it fails because you can't take it apart and fix it.

23 minutes ago, Endo said:

^ USNRET, thank you. They are certainly curious little posts. They look so deliberate. And then there are the four, surrounding holes, and the raised fins (to isolate the lines?)... ?... These little terminal assemblies have a lot going on.

Its nice to know you can take these speakers apart and put them back together again. So much stuff is made anymore that has to be discarded when it fails because you can't take it apart and fix it.

It's all about...well, everything....performance, cost, ability for the end user to do what needs to be done in the future .....

I invite you to the 2018 Klipsch Pilgrimage in Hope, AK. There you will see first hand home town American technicians, craftsmen and engineers building these.
Unfortunately you will also have to endure mass quantities of great food, drink, tunes and fellowship with us all at  the cost of less than a tank of gas; if'n you drive a pickup.

• Like 1

^ USNRET, Thanks for the invite. Sounds like a great time. I'm in a circumstance where any destination over 300 miles may as well be in the other hemisphere. However, would very much like to make it. I think the words "... by their fruits" speaks pretty damn well of those bearing PWK's legacy.

• 3 months later...
On 8/5/2017 at 12:23 PM, Endo said:

Newbie question, --this is going to be obvious to a lot of people, but I have never come across anything that explains it.

What are the curious little threaded posts that sit just above the terminal screw heads on a v.1 Heritage Klipsch? Obviously, anything connected to these taps into the signal--but what is the intended purpose? Seems like whatever it is, later banana-style terminals must have made it unnecessary--(?).

terminal-posts.jpg

ROTFL!!!!!  Take the back off!  Those are the screws that hold the terminal onto the panel and connect to the crossover.  :D