SW115 - help needed

dubai2000

Hi everybody,

some time ago I bought a second-hand SW115 sub. Because I have not used my Khorn rig for some time it has not been used a lot. Lately I this has changed when I tried a different amp in that setup - first without sub. Yesterday I thought why not try what it sounds like if the subwoofer is connected - but after having it connected to the amp's speaker outputs (like with other amps before) the sub remains dead quiet - I mean the green led is on, but no sound comes out of the sub. I opened it up to see if perhaps a wire had come loose - either from sub-amp or the bass driver - but that is not the case. So does anybody have any idea what might be the problem? Your ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Wolfram

• 2 weeks later...

The same thing happened to me today! It always has worked (brand new unit from 2016). The sub stopped working, although the green light indicator is on I can't hear anything coming from out the sub. Tried different cables and plugged it in the pre outs, but still can't hear anything.

I called my dealer today and it's still in warranty, hopefully I will get my sub back soon. Too spoiled with the sound it makes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had almost given up - turns out that the repair shop had either forgotten or misplaced my module - anyway, it was returned today - and works. I don't know what was wrong - the person on the phone wouldn't know -well - because it took them such a long time at least I didn't have to pay apart from shipping to them.