Angle anodized aluminum molding for enclosures

LalaWoots

I am building enclosures that will be similar to the Klipsch HIP's I recently acquired. I almost have all the drivers necessary to complete the project but I can't find the metal 90deg molding Klipsch uses for their industrial speakers.

Anyone know where I can find something very similar? I am also looking for the metal handles/cups.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome,

Don is correct.  The attached photos show similar methods used by yours truly and @MookieStl.  My work is the one with bass bin braces.  I buttered the aluminum with black RTV silicone before screwing it down.  The caulk that squeezed out was cut off with a utility knife after it cured.

I did it to hide the battered edges after 30 years of flying in an Ohio bar.  The pro look fits in well in the high school band practice room where they now reside.

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

• Like 2

All depends on what you're after or willing to spend. When I rescued a pair of POS La Scalas, I just cut and mitered some 3/4" x3/4" aluminum angle. The project was done on a shoestring budget and turned out nice, but not as nice as the prefab trim on true Industrial Klipsch. I did not anodize mine since I did not care if it starts to oxidize over time. You would have to have it anodized after you cut the pieces or the cut edges and any spots you deburr, will look different. The correct trim does show up from time to time in the garage sale section or ebay. I am pretty sure Klipsch does not sell them, could be wrong. Parts express does have some corner treatments that also work well. I have both Industrial and Industrial wanna be's and I like both looks but the "real thing" has a cooler appearance (IMO), but will be costly. The fancy trim doesn't sound any better.

atrm.jpg.cfe7ab582cb6e41df0abb550171a131d.jpg.alumtrim.thumb.jpg.cedee3f07341463264ebc83f4e60979f.jpg

• Like 2

There is another site you can try. They make a lot of case hardware - Penn Elcom. You might find something there that you like better. Those corner pieces used in the industrials are hard to match. I did find a slightly more interesting alum angle on this site. It has a couple reveals that make it give it a different look. I put it next to the smooth I used in my "clones" Good luck.

trim.thumb.JPG.d731790b83326edfb57d28fb80a67f8b.JPG