Whole Home Audio

ara.hambone

Folks

Need a little help if you don't mind. I've been used to a traditional a/v receiver with wired speaker setup and finally looking to simply away from this and go wireless. I'd also like to have at least 2 or 3 wireless speakers either inside or outside of the house.

I really want the Klipsch HD Wireless 5.1 system, but it's a closed system. Ideally Klipsch figures out a way for it to be part of their whole home wireless, but they seem to be different networks.

How should I best supplement that system to get the same audio sources (DVD, Cable) on all of my other wireless speakers, which are yet to be purchased? The only thing I can think of is using an output from my TV to feed into some other hub, ie Klipsch Gate or Sonos Connect.

I was thinking of basically connecting to a Gate, but it only takes Analog 3.5mm input, which is just weird to me. I think Sonos Connect would accept traditional RCA inputs from my TV. Of course the Sonos Connect is $350 plus I would buy 2-3 wireless speakers at $200/300 a piece, ouch. And Sonos would be outside of the Klipsch family, which I've always like.

Help!

• 4 weeks later...