NEARLY FINISHED HOME THEATER

1HOHDude

This was an high slope attic.   We added nearly 1000 feet there.    Pics show progression.   We have just added acoustic foam and Bass traps which to my pleasure noticeably improved on an already good thing.   Finally to match up w/ the radically modded TSCMs   I ended up making my own center out of two Klipschorn horns driven by DE 220 ti drivers.   The 10" woofers were installed with a sealed acoustic suspension box with measured 5 db down at 45 hz.      A modified 24 db/octave crossover with some creative wiring matched the more efficient HF units to the woofers.   Results have steadily improved to the point my guests consistently like my sound better than any commercial movie theater they have been in.  I am pleased.

The TSCMs have 24db crossovers with upgraded mid-range drivers and DE 120 tweeters.   The improvement has been very noticeable !    The front surrounds are RS-52ii, the rear surrounds RS 62ii, the rear height are RB81ii with 4 Klipsch in-the-wall speakers in the ceiling.  Currently they are paired with the surrounds.    Powered by a 9.1 Marantz with a Samsung top blue ray and 85"  4k  Samsung TV.    More photo coming.

theater 1 .jpg

• Like 1