PB1000 or SB1000

AccessDenied

Ok, new thread...

You've all convinced me I should get a sub.
You've also convinced me I do not have entry level gear and I should work on refining my current setup once the sub is hooked up...

I think I've narrowed down to either the SVS SB1000 or PB1000.
I love that they offer 45-day trials on their equipment - true testament to quality?  I also realize that offering such a service means you are paying for it somewhere...

For those who do not need to trial the sub, they may think these subs are overpriced. 

I will likely buy one in the coming month or two. I know I can just pick one and if it doesn't work out I can return it and get the other one. But which should I try first?

Ideally I will be happy with the first purchase and not have to return it.  That will keep the buyer and seller the happiest!

So, here's my breakdown:

RB-35s as mains

RC-62 center

RS-52 surrounds

The room is 19x15' with 12' vaulted gable ceilings.

There is a 6' opening to the room by the kitchen and the TV sits adjacent to this wall (so on the 13' side).

I'd say 50% is video games, 25% movies/shows, 25% music.

If I'm missing some info to help the decision let me know.

So, ported or sealed?
I know there are personal preferences and I should test them out myself. And I plant to.

But should one first over the other?

It's like test driving a car... Do you hop right into the Turbo model or do you drive the eco first?

I'm leaning towards the sealed sub based on reviews saying it's "punchier" and "cleaner".
I don't want to piss off the neighbors, we just bought the house! haha.
But I want to round out the sound my system is currently outputting.

Ported has only one downside which is that it is a larger box.   If you read through say 30pages of svs's own forums eventually that would be the conclusion.  properly integrated the pb is more capable.   google the tests from Audioholics theres a big bump in performance ported.  

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 7:07 PM, RoboKlipsch said:

Ported has only one downside which is that it is a larger box.   If you read through say 30pages of svs's own forums eventually that would be the conclusion.  properly integrated the pb is more capable.   google the tests from Audioholics theres a big bump in performance ported.  

Annnd sold.

Thank you kindly!

• Like 1